Annual Accounts Published

Nothing unexpected in these,year end  May 2016, will be much more interested.

Highlights.....income up (tickets sales and commercial activities)

Debtors up by approx £1m (owed to Wednesday).  No real breakdown in accounts as to why.

All monies owed to previous directors (apart from £3000 mentioned contingent liabilities) now repaid.

All First and Second legal charges removed from Hillsborough Stadium.

Chansiri put in a £5 loan on day one to help cash flow and ensure payments made when they fell due. 

No mention of sponsorship monies owed by Mammatov or if we intend to chase this debt.

Summary...

Much stronger set of accounts, despite still supporting losses (albeit reducing). Net worth of company is healthier, although the true worth is not representative, as they do not take into account Chansiri's full involvement and his substantial backing/ personal worth.

Dint Milan say before he left he had his lawyers chasing that one up ? 

Guest Deleted member

really... there's someone who coughed up for an exec box for three years who thinks we are going into admin...sounds more like someone gutted that the club are moving forward at long last TBH any ideas?

Sounds like common sense to me. Why would you lay out for 3 years of an exec box - when you. me, he or anybody else has no idea whether Chansiri may sell up in that time, we end up with someone who makes a mess of things and we end up going backwards

just because you can't see anything but the sun shining from exteriors doesnt mean that people laying out circa £100k might want it guaranteeing in some way

Guest Deleted member

At the time of Chansiri taking over we all wondered if the loan note holders including DA had been paid up.

Does it show them as paid up or still owed?

Still owed if we return to Premier League before 2021

Sounds like common sense to me. Why would you lay out for 3 years of an exec box - when you. me, he or anybody else has no idea whether Chansiri may sell up in that time, we end up with someone who makes a mess of things and we end up going backwards

just because you can't see anything but the sun shining from exteriors doesnt mean that people laying out circa £100k might want it guaranteeing in some way

Don't really know spending £100k is beyond my ken...certainly wouldn't spend it if I thought that DC was going to bail out...everything he's said points to him being here for the long haul

Guest Deleted member

Don't really know spending £100k is beyond my ken...certainly wouldn't spend it if I thought that DC was going to bail out...everything he's said points to him being here for the long haul

There you go then - hence he asked for some guarantees that Chansiri will be here for the duration of his 3 year box tenure

Sounds more like a vote of confidence in Chansiri than the way you originally painted it. I'll pay you £100k for a box for 3 years if you commit to being here yourself - if you're not - then I want some kind of a guarantee I will get some money back

Nothing unexpected in these,year end May 2016, will be much more interested.

Highlights.....income up (tickets sales and commercial activities)

Debtors up by approx £1m (owed to Wednesday). No real breakdown in accounts as to why.

All monies owed to previous directors (apart from £3000 mentioned contingent liabilities) now repaid.

All First and Second legal charges removed from Hillsborough Stadium.

Chansiri put in a £5 loan on day one to help cash flow and ensure payments made when they fell due.

No mention of sponsorship monies owed by Mammatov or if we intend to chase this debt.

Summary...

Much stronger set of accounts, despite still supporting losses (albeit reducing). Net worth of company is healthier, although the true worth is not representative, as they do not take into account Chansiri's full involvement and his substantial backing/ personal worth.

I think I'm right in saying mandaric gave Wednesday the mammadov sponsorship money and he himself would take legal action on mammadov to recoup the money

Posted a summary on Owlsonline if anyone's interested

I would cut and paste but it's a shameless plug for another forum

If you ask Sam nicely he may put it up on here

Season ticket money won't be held in escrow or client account and if the club went boobies up we'd have to get in line with every other creditor the club owed!

As for the income received in advance (three year season ticket sales) this will be treat as accrued income in the balance sheet (or held as an asset) and released in each financial year (reducing the value of the asset in the balance sheet) as appropriate.

A simple accounting concept called 'matching' applies where income and expenses must be matched against each other in the financial year to which they relate.

As far as I am aware large ticket agencies operating in other areas of entertainment must keep their customer funds separated from their own company cashflow and bank accounts. Because Wednesday are now doing the same, by selling season tickets forward, there will be some accountancy requirement for them to do the same. Authorities (taxman etc)must be able to identify who's funds are who.If this was not the case, how would anyone, including the directors themselves, be able to calculate if a company was insolvent or not, if it is depending on its customers advanced sales ?.Because Wednesday's financial Y/E is May, the cashflow advantage comes byway of the fact that all the advanced sales in a year would become available immediately in June, the start of a new financial year.Therefore assisting cashflow when income from matchdays has dried up over the summer.albeit other season ticket sales monies would be coming in.It just brings it forward a few months and obviously, they have the advantage of making sales, even if the teams form declines....god forbid.

It's not the same.

Large ticket agencies have different clients so keep funds for each client separate.

Wednesday don't have different clients. They are selling tickets for Wednesday only.

Posted a summary on Owlsonline if anyone's interested

I would cut and paste but it's a shameless plug for another forum

If you ask Sam nicely he may put it up on here

Ok give you my views after a whizz through the figures

The crux is that in terms of the headline figures in MM's last part season in control it was business as usual. We will have to wait until this time next year to get the story on Chansiri and how the world has changed

So for that year gate receipts and related turnover were marginally up. Our average revenue per fan still seriously lagging behind other clubs. Our commercial revenue was up nearly a £1m and presumably is related to the Mammadov deal. Now there is quite a big sum of money owing us. That could be either part of the sum owing for Antonio - it is not uncommon for a transfer fee to be spread as payable over a number of years. Or it could be due from Mammadov. Simply no way of knowing.

Our costs were remarkably similar, most of it on wages of course. No split on what is players and staff

Overall loss is £5m (2014 £5.4m) before player sales. We made a book profit of £1.2m. The accounts show receipts from sales of £1.6m but that we spent £1.7m on players. Not sure who that was

We paid a fair chunk of interest 570k on the loans.

Leaves a loss of £4.4m compared to £5.5m the year before. Some of that represents technical accounting poo poo - but the simple fact was MM and others were one way or another having to plug that large hole

Much more interesting for me is the sale transaction and how it was structured. What can we glean.

Before the transaction the total monies that had been paid into the club by MM via UKFI was £18.4m. This had gone up from £17.2m the previous year. So up by £1.2m but 822k had also been converted to shares already. So MM covered 2m of losses which means the rest of the loss was covered by other loans. We knew they existed and were secured against the stadium.

The above £18.4m was converted to shares in February 2015.

The transaction was that Chansiri personally bought the shares - par value £19.2m - from UKFI. There is no way of telling the sum DC paid from these accounts.

What I believe we can tell is that DC invested £8.5m into the Club after this. The accounts show that there is still a shareholder loan of £4.5m but that before the year end £4m of the £8.5m was also converted to shares.

I suspect the monies introduced were used to repay the other loans, pay off the bank overdraft as well as funding operations

Now it is proclaimed we are debt free. We are if you don't consider the £4.5m a proper debt. There is also reference to a £1.2m loan taken in January 2015 repayable January just gone. The accounts have always been misleading in my view to show loans as an accrual not separate. On the basis it was paid in January 2016 might give a clue why season tickets went on sale when they did.

Now one more interesting aside - this is accounts geek stuff is that there is a prior year adjustment of nearly £6m reducing the share premium account - "due to a initial miscalculationion of the purchase price" - which relates to MM I think. Can't work this one out - need to dig out last years accounts to work it out

Anyway worked out my last point

Dr Share premium account

Cr Inter company loan

Latter was only £11.2m in the 2014 accounts restated as £17.2m. Weren't quite as debt free on day one when MM took over as we thought !