FL72 on C5

I thought Curtis Davies spoke very openly and very honestly about the Forestieri incident, admitting that once he saw Dawson's challenge he immediately turned around to start setting up for our free kick.

For those who keep insisting that Forestieri dives, Davies' words as a fellow professional might be quite illuminating: he argued that Forestieri won a few 'clever' free kicks by 'getting his foot in just before the defender' but insisted that 'throughout the game he wasn't diving'.

It's been refreshing to hear Bruce, Dawson and now Davies speak out in defence of an opponent in this manner.

I thought Curtis Davies spoke very openly and very honestly about the Forestieri incident, admitting that once he saw Dawson's challenge he immediately turned around to start setting up for our free kick.

For those who keep insisting that Forestieri dives, Davies' words as a fellow professional might be quite illuminating: he argued that Forestieri won a few 'clever' free kicks by 'getting his foot in just before the defender' but insisted that 'throughout the game he wasn't diving'.

It's been refreshing to hear Bruce, Dawson and now Davies speak out in defence of an opponent in this manner.

yep spot on, even more commendable as Hull didn't win and it was vital points dropped for them. I have always though Bruce carries himself and his teams with a bit of dignity.

See the guy in the Palace game barely and i do mean barely touched ran 2-3 steps then dove full length gets the free kick 

There is a precedent of a yellow being rescinded but i cant bring to mind the game but it depends on the Ref himself informing the FA that the decision he made was wrong, i don't think this ref will do that 

In a way i understand why they don't allow appeals on yellow cards because every booking would be appealed every week but surely it can't be beyond the wit of the FA disciplinary committee ( there must be one ) to say that this case  with everyone involved saying the Ref got it wrong and rescinding it without allowing an appeal thus setting precedent 

Edited by Lawrie Madden

I know some folk hate it and say it goes against the spirit of football...but video replay and ref on the monitor would stop the 'falling down' and 'referee mistakes'. Limit it to three appeals in a game and I can't see the problem. Most games it wouldn't get used and it would enable everyone to accept mistakes and focus on the 'diving/cheating' players rather than those who 'get a foot in' or are genuinely brought down.

Wasn't so much the fact he got it wrong, but as others have said the fact he didn't pause before reaching for the Red. As said seems he was looking for an excuse to send him off.

Why wasn't Lee booked for "diving" then against qpr or the palace player yesterday.

The difference is nugent is british...its a form of racism against FF...end of

Jesus! It was a bad decision. Ref made a mistake. I think playing the racism card is just ridiculous though! What the hell have you been on?

Everyone agrees that the rule to appeal a second yellow needs looking at but some on here are really starting to go overboard now. Running the risk of becoming like our porky little cousins across the city.

I know some folk hate it and say it goes against the spirit of football...but video replay and ref on the monitor would stop the 'falling down' and 'referee mistakes'. Limit it to three appeals in a game and I can't see the problem. Most games it wouldn't get used and it would enable everyone to accept mistakes and focus on the 'diving/cheating' players rather than those who 'get a foot in' or are genuinely brought down.

I agree. This season we among others are chasing a £100 million prize yet the game is officiated by 3 blokes who can only dream of getting near the fitness levels of the players. Most of the decisions they make are made from yards away through a load of bodies so a lot of the time it's guess work yet it's accepted. Apparently using video technology isn't in the spirit of the game but using plucky amateurs is. Luckily the incident happened in injury time 10 minutes earlier we might have lost the game which ultimately could have cost us a play off place. The galling thing is its not even in question that he got the decision wrong yet it's likely to stand.

Makes you wonder if betting has something to do with it ? After all video would take away the dodgy stuff wouldn't it? Blatter was one of the biggest opponents wasn't he? Was also Batter who bought in the 2nd yellow for diving.

Edited by darra

Makes you wonder if betting has something to do with it ? After all video would take away the dodgy stuff wouldn't it? Blatter was one of the biggest opponents wasn't he? Was also Batter who bought in the 2nd yellow for diving.

both Blatter and Platini, the 2 dodgiest gits ever.So you might not be far out with that mate