Penalty or not so

As an aside, I was still laughing from the replacement ref's inability to book Mackie after he followed Lee and Wallace to the corner flag to stop a quick short corner being taken. And then allowed him to stay there until the defence was back in position.

And when Mackie did retreat, he still didn't retreat the full 10 meters with the referee virtually stood next to him. Very poor officiating and no control on the game from the very start.

Both refs awful though. Seems like I'm moaning about refs every home game and I hate it, I've taken the wee wee out of the pigs for this type of thing for years. I've become what I hate.

Thing is, everyone else sees what I see. Atdhe gets nothing every game. He can have 2 players hanging off him and kicking him and it's a foul by him. We get pushed and shoved at goal kicks and nowts given until we do it. We had as big a stone wall penalty as you'll ever see last night and it's waved away without a thought. Lee should have been booked if that wasn't a foul.

It's like they try too hard not to be a 'homer' and go too far the other way.

And when Mackie did retreat, he still didn't retreat the full 10 meters with the referee virtually stood next to him. Very poor officiating and no control on the game from the very start.

Neither ref had a clue. Both as bad as each other.

The thing is LMC, you aren't on your own. I seem to moan every game at the refs and surely I can't be wrong every time? Like you said, others see it too so are we being over biased? Or just seeing it for what it is?

As for Atdhe, he can't buy a decision his way. Same goes for Crouch. Are they really doing something wrong or does their height advantage count against them because I am utterly lost with regards to what Atdhe does wrong - to the point where now I am expecting a free kick against us every time he gets the ball with a man around him.

Was it the referees fault Nuhui missed the penalty? Or maybe his fault Lee fluffed his golden chance 12 yards out with only the keeper to beat? Or maybe His fault Joao headed it straight at the keeper 6 yards out?

Put simply, we wasn't ruthless last night and our big game players didn't turn up. However we had the chances to win 2 games and we can't be blaming the ref for dropping the 2 points.

Was it the referees fault Nuhui missed the penalty? Or maybe his fault Lee fluffed his golden chance 12 yards out with only the keeper to beat? Or maybe His fault Joao headed it straight at the keeper 6 yards out?

Put simply, we wasn't ruthless last night and our big game players didn't turn up. However we had the chances to win 2 games and we can't be blaming the ref for dropping the 2 points.

I don't think we are blaming the ref, just highlighting their inability to correctly officiate the game. At the end of the game, we need to be winning and that is the responsibility of the players but we can't just ignore poor officials, win, lose or draw.

Have to admit seeing the highlights that it doesn't look a 100% certain pen it did at the time. Probably about 75% penalty if that makes sense.

Makes perfect sense, and that is probably why the referee didn't give it. Even watching the highlights, us as fans call it 75%, and the referee will only give it if they are 100% sure (or it's in the favour of Man Utd/Arsenal/Chelsea/Man City/Liverpool!)..

You can't tell from the footage because it's from so far away. The defender doesn't only make a slight contact but goes right across Lee with his leg and his arm.

The referee is positioned to see this and the photo shows it perfectly. The hopeless get was like a rabbit in the headlights and had made his mind up to give absolutely nothing.

Useless bottler.