Penalty or not so

That was one of the most frustrating games you will ever see. The ref was poor and gave them lots of decisions on their play acting. They were both definite pens. But the biggest problem was us. We were playing it in and across the area without really creating chances....near chances....yes loads but their goalie didnt have many shots to stop.

QPR for all their millions were probably one of the worst teams Ive seen this season and definitely the luckiest.

Shoot first time? He did, about 10 minutes earlier, and was a daisy cutter. its irrelevent in this case anyway, he didn't shoot first time, but he did take it past two defenders and was blatantly fouled.

Typically the sh*t ref gets subbed for an even worse one.

Please don't pretend that his shooting, type and timing of his shots isn't the weakest part of his game. It's what stops him being a top top player. 

Yes he did shoot first time before, and it was a poor side footed shot that was heading wide. He should have buried it. 

Edited by Owls2k

Please don't pretend that his shooting, type and timing of his shots isn't the weakest part of his game. It's what stops him being a top top player.

Yes he did shoot first time before, and it was a poor side footed shot that was heading wide.

You're right, not the strongest part of his game. Hence my point before. I agree to be honest, sometime I wish he would welly it. But he should have been given a pen. Edited by bigdan2003

I think we all agree that tonight the officials were, yet again in our eyes, poor. Some on here have suggested they become professional, but they already are and can earn £100K p.a. a season. Officials have to pass fitness tests and have a certain minimum fitness level, but maybe as football these days flows so quickly, this needs to be reviewed.

I think we would all agree that it can't be easy to get every decision right. Position, view point clarity and their own interpretations can lead to decisions being made which one set of fans thinks is wrong. To me the solution is obvious although possibly not that simple to implement throughout the professional game, and that is video technology. Each team should be allowed a maximum of 3 decision reviews per game so as not to take the game time beyond the current 95+ minutes it is already. Or, only allow reviews for certain incidents like a sending off or a penalty claim.

I think the FA should also change the rule on yellow card appeals too. Currently you can only retrospectively appeal a straight red card, but why can't a player/club appeal a yellow card? This isn't because of Forestieri's double yellow on Saturday, I have thought this for some time.

I know I am not the first to come up with these suggestions, and I doubt I will be the last. Isn't it time for something like this to be brought in to the game?