Penalty or not so

That pretend ref who came should be shot. Totally bottled it, frightened to f**king death to give a decision even though it was the easiest penalty he could give in his 'career'

Totally w@nk and should be removed from whatever list he finds himself on.

Very dismayed tonight, don't get me wrong I don't think Wednesday played well enough - but we played well enough to win.  The first ref had about half a dozen decisions to make, and he managed to get them mostly wrong.  The second ref, how could he not give that pen?

I have been very disappointed with the refs this season, for some reason more than previously.

Surely there is enough money in the game to make refs professional.  Get them in full time training, analysing their own performance, and other officials performance.  Being responsible for poor decisions, which mean they drop down a pay scale if they consistently mess up.

Put them on a sliding scale for pay based on performance, analyse there performance, give them feedback on what they did well or poorly - give them a good wage for being top of their game?  There is enough money in English football to have pro refs and linesmen up and down the top four leagues, surely?

To me this would be the single best thing to happen to football.

Edited by salmonbones

I didn't think Hoopers was a pen...I thought it would have been if he'd gone down at the initial challenge...thought he made the most of the second...Lee?..that looked a stonewaller..the ref bottled it...cos he definately   saw it...

THe first ref was terrible....the second?....I honestly thought he had an ailment as staggered on....he needed help to put the f.ookin' shirt on...which was a worry...

Very dismayed tonight, don't get me wrong I don't think Wednesday played well enough - but we played well enough to win.  The first ref had about half a dozen decisions to make, and he managed to get them mostly wrong.  The second ref, how could he not give that pen?

I have been very disappointed with the refs this season, for some reason more than previously.

Surely there is enough money in the game to make refs professional.  Get them in full time training, analysing their own performance, and other officials performance.  Being responsible for poor decisions, which mean they drop down a pay scale if they consistently mess up.

Put them on a sliding scale for pay based on performance, analyse there performance, give them feedback on what they did well or poorly - give them a good wage for being top of their game?  There is enough money in English football to have pro refs and linesmen up and down the top four leagues, surely?

To me this would be the single best thing to happen to football.

I honestly think some aren't fit enough mate...The Linos looked like summatt outta dads army tonight...the second ref ran like me!......

I can remember watchin' othe 3 officials run around the pitch at Bournemouth away  a couple of years ago....and it looked like Tango an 2 other Owls had jumped the barrier...

Edited by asteener1867