who is our best player?

For me, we have several players who are each outstanding in their position: Westwood, Lees, Hutchinson, Bannan, Lee, Forestieri and Hooper would all get in any top-end Championship team.

However, the difference-maker for me is Forestieri. He's the one player we have who can turn a seeming defeat into a victory within the blink of an eye. Whereas the others all frequently play their roles to perfection, Forestieri's the maverick who seems to play by his own rules at times.

We've not had a creative player as good as him in over 15 years.

I would go with Westwood, Lees, Hutchinson, Bannan, Lee, Forestieri and Hooper all being up there and hard to decide between the lot of them.  I think Wildsmith will be soon and I wonder of Matias can be, just based on his previous year's record. A lot of foreigners can take time to settle and I hope that next year we see him playing at a different level to this season.

The question itself, if looked at closely, is stupid. How would you go on if you had to play Hooper , Bannan or Forestieri in goal, or Westwood at centre forward?

They are completely different players doing completely different jobs, and doing them superbly, but this is not to say one is better than another. The question should be not 'who is our best player?' but 'who is your favourite player?'

The question itself, if looked at closely, is stupid. How would you go on if you had to play Hooper , Bannan or Forestieri in goal, or Westwood at centre forward?

They are completely different players doing completely different jobs, and doing them superbly, but this is not to say one is better than another. The question should be not 'who is our best player?' but 'who is your favourite player?'

"Who's the better player: Lionel Messi or Ryan Shawcross?"

"Couldn't say, pal - one's a centre back and one's a forward."

no contest Bannan 

He makes everything else work

We are blessed at the moment to have loads of very very good players all playing well 

It makes me feel like a nagging old bloke but i keep telling my nephew who is 11 and on his 6th st to remember how good this team has played this season because it feels like we are at the beginning of a special time for the club 

No mentions of Westwood who was by far our best player last season and the only one who made it into the league team at end of season.

Shows how far we have come this season.

Hutch for me, has everything as a player and heart of a lion.

ahem, I believe he was in my list. I don't for one minute underestimate his contribution. The fact we rely on him less this time doesn't diminish his value IMHO.

ahem, I believe he was in my list. I don't for one minute underestimate his contribution. The fact we rely on him less this time doesn't diminish his value IMHO.

I don't underestimate any of the current crop of players contributions 

We are playing so well at the moment it doesn't matter who comes and goes pretty much 

But for me Bannan closely followed by Hutch are missed most when they aren't there 

But anyone who says Westwood is our best player or Keiran Lee or Tom Lees, almost any of them wont get an any argument from me

I don't underestimate any of the current crop of players contributions 

We are playing so well at the moment it doesn't matter who comes and goes pretty much 

But for me Bannan closely followed by Hutch are missed most when they aren't there 

But anyone who says Westwood is our best player or Keiran Lee or Tom Lees, almost any of them wont get an any argument from me

Good position to be in. Genuinely wouldn't swap our squad with any other team in this league right now.

(before you ask; yes, I'm just in from a birthday dinner and had a few).