Preston North End vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

Kf5IJCe.png          6R5225u.png

TODAY’S OPPOSITES

Are called Preston North End but never mind all that.

Football fans love statistics and none more than the lovely folk on Owlstalk. We adore statistics. We can talk all day about the outcome of games past and present. About how they might affect our relentless charge for promotion. Then the next day, we come back and talk about some more statistics.

So without further ado, here’s some interesting statistics.

jWDDsO7.jpg

Today, about 6,000 Owls will be attending the away game against Preston. If everyone of them follows The Realist’s admirable example, they will drink 16 pints of beer each. A few lunatics might even be capable of 20 or more pints, which pushes the numbers up. But we have to discount the nippers of course as they will be content with just a few halves of shandy. Still, that’s a lot of beer - 96,000 pints in fact. This amazing amount can also be expressed as 12,000 gallons or 54,553.08 litres. Incredible!

0LLfrKZ.jpg

A gallon of water weighs 10 pounds. Ethanol, the stuff in beer that makes you dizzy, is lighter than water but beer also has other ingredients like hops and yeast also barley and things. Those are heavier than water. But for the sake of argument, let’s stay with 10 pounds to the gallon. Bonkers!

Each Owl, if they can hold it all in, is now 20 pounds heavier than they would be in an unrinsed state. That’s a combined 120,000 pounds just for the beer or 53.5 tons, which converts to about 60,000 Kg in metric. If everyone in the stand bounces in sync, all that beer swishing around will set a massive gravitational wave in motion, warping the very fabric of space and time and ensuring our promotion spot by early April. Blimey!

ej3Pzgb.jpg

The Mayor of Preston has asked that everyone takes turns going to the toilet instead of all going at the same time. This will lessen the chances of the town’s sewer pipes from bursting with all the pressure and spraying wee wee all over the place, which is quite frankly disgusting. Good grief!

THE SERIOUS BIT

Venue: Deepdale Stadium, Preston.
Kick Off: Saturday, 20th of Febuary at 15:00.

Matchday Apparel: Away shirt, plastic aprons to prevent splashback. Wellies.

Matchday Drink: Probobobobobarbly all the beer in Preston.

Matchday Pie: Betty Turpin’s Hot Pot.

Matchday Song: I Feel Love by Donna Summer…

MATCHDAY FACTS

Preston midfielder Ben Pearson will return from suspension for the game against Sheffield Wednesday. Manager Simon Grayson could name an unchanged starting line-up, although defender Marnick Vermijl cannot face his parent club.

Owls captain Glenn Loovens and midfielder Sam Hutchinson are expected to return from groin and knee injuries respectively.Goalkeeper Joe Wildsmith (back) is the only absentee.

BJdtwYz.png Head to Head V1LHByE.png

â–ª Preston have won only one of their last eight league games against Sheffield Wednesday (D3 L4).

â–ª The Owls have scored two or more goals in each of their last four league games against PNE, avoiding defeat in all four matches.

â–ª The Lilywhites have only scored two or more goals on six occasions this season, but two of those have come in their two most recent games.

â–ª Sheffield Wednesday are one of just two teams to have lost none of their previous seven league games (Burnley are the other, on a run of eight unbeaten).

â–ª Preston are the only Championship team yet to concede a goal in the opening 15 minutes of a game this season.

â–ª Gary Hooper has scored in five of his last six league games (eight goals), and is looking to score in three consecutive games for only the second time this season.

5cbvHJJ.png

My prediction: 4 - 0 to us. Get that gravitational wave going when the Preston goalie is defending at our end to create a black hole in the goalmouth and suck the ball into the net. Ooooooh!

KING CARLOS’ WORDS OF WISDOM

“We don’t have any problems and we are with full energy. I said in the past it was very easy to choose the 18 and now it is very tough because all the players are training really very well. We have put some players to play in Under-21s to have more tempo.Joe, Alex and Semedo played in the Under-21 and they are all really doing fantastic.

NKrz3UO.jpg

To do the players justice, I would put all of them in the squad but this is the hard part for the coach. But I have no problem in making the decisions. It’s good when you can choose the best players for each game. Internal competition is very important, we are a full squad, with full energy and I believe we can be more strong in this game than in the past.”

MINTYNESS

Taylor and Giant Shadow Llama will be there to ensure an intergalactical phenomenon.

hnA6Iu3.gif

Guest minsk owl

Brilliant !!, ...........  finally, the answer to why Preston's kop always used to flex and creak  :biggrin:

Might be a tricky one this, but we'll come through it , 1-3 ,  Forestieri, Hooper, and McGugan with a long range effort from Blackpool Tower

post-38035-0-07256800-1455926886.gif

A departing away from the usuals but full of good interpretations, I think.

We have good strength in this OMDT and it is showing well for what we can hope to be doing.

This Donna Summer number can make us think of things that we have done before this time and things that have gone have importance when other things are coming.

All will for sure be fully knowing that Pauli is controlling this thread and this means we are confident and we are ready to do what is now possible for us to do to get the good result.

Edited by VictoryBell

post-17101-0-81201800-1455928254.jpg

OMFG What a week I've had. The awards jamboree in the States had completely slipped my mind so I was somewhat surprised when my minders arrived with the airport car for Faro. I left in just my sarong, my maid is forwarding the rest of my wardrobe to my Florida address.

So, Faro to Amsterdam the connecting flight back home for the presentation. Then following the usual after show party my PR team inform me we have failed to get a landing slot at Manchester. Well with near 6,000 of you making the trip over to Preston, I could hardly let you down !

Anyway I'm here now via my private Jet into Shannon and a 12 seat charter into Liverpool. Spent today dodging the showers on the Cumbrian coast. So looking forward to the game though I dearly wish I could be in the away end with all you fabulous fans.

I'll do my best to gat a little report together tomorrow night, I'm sure we'll be fine WAWAW Tyler x x x

Brilliant as usual Pauli.

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl

What a fantastic OMDT Pauli!

The vibe is good, I am full of energy and love for Carlos and Wednesday, not to mention Donna Summer - She's Hot Stuff you know! Well at least she was, she is very cold now alas!

No prediction but the lucky razor is ready just in case.

I'm also well in the mood so:

Come on Wednesday let's groove!

P.S. Jacksons next week?