Carlos & home atmosphere.

I never enter the ground till ten to three , then in my seat at five to three. . All the pre match stuff dosnt interest me . , and im not alone .

It were awesome in early 90s, most league & cup matches at home, I recall the kop bending up and down which was unnerving as I don't think they built the kop with earthquakes in mind. Edited by S1Owl

If you price grass root fans out and replace them with the middle classes then you will lose the atmosphere. Football should belong to the working man, not the prawn sandwich brigade.

Not far out with that one. There are good examples in our league of clubs who used to have intimidating noisy atmospheres all the time, examples being Birmingham, Cardiff and Boro. These are proper working class clubs but the grounds are now totally devoid of a proper atmosphere very similar to ours.

Edited by Soul Power

I never enter the ground till  ten to three , then  in my seat at five to three.  . All the pre match stuff dosnt interest me . , and im not alone . 

This. There is nothing that makes me want to be in the gates before 2:45. 

This. There is nothing that makes me want to be in the gates before 2:45.

Were using how it goes off in Europe as an example of what Carlos is used to. There were a better atmosphere last season & promotion season. Prices again, hardcore suffering.

If you price grass root fans out and replace them with the  middle classes then you will lose the atmosphere. Football should belong to the working man, not the prawn sandwich brigade.

Ah the good old British class war thing!!

Can't honestly say i've seen much evidence of the 'Prawn sandwich brigade' so far on the Kop.

The experts on here are always slating the atmosphere on the Kop ( don't agree by the way), so not sure how the 'middle classes' when they represent a tiny percentage, are to blame for the lack of atmosphere.

Nothing like perpetuating long held myths though eh?

Ah the good old British class war thing!!

Can't honestly say i've seen much evidence of the 'Prawn sandwich brigade' so far on the Kop.

Me neither, I have seen thousands of empty seats though in the " cheapest " seating in the ground available.

Ground is no different to the 90s. Kop used to be literally bouncing

Apart from seats on the kop it's the same

As you say the atmosphere in the 90s was fantastic

When we get to the Premier league and we're regularly getting crowds over 30K it'll come back

6,000 Man U, Man City, Liverpoo, Newcastle, Arsenal fans to have a go at in the away end always made for a fiery atmosphere.

Much better than 500 or so that travel to Hillsborough in the championship every other week.

Diluted support at home. Apart from the back of the kop and West end of the North, for everyone trying to make a noise, there's many more that won't join in.

I will happily stand up all game and sing, but nobody else in the middle of the North will, so have to sit down to be considerate.

Not going to sacrifice the best view to move down to block T to join in abusing the 300 away fans that normally turn up.

Make one of the blocks in the middle of the North an official singing section and I'd move my ST to it.

Otherwise we just need to wait till the matches are bigger. Arsenal at home was good...