It's easy with hindsight

it's not 'foreigners' and new ideas...

the guy came with 'very little pedigree'...

having had some 13 (or so) jobs in the last 13 years, his appointment was bound to attract some 'attention'...

stuart gray had done very well to get us into the position we had under his stewardship with the funding available...

in virtually any other walk of life, the interviewee (having had 13 positions in 13 years) wouldn't have been 'the interviewee', he'd still be waiting for a reply to his application...

time has proved cooper to be the wrong man, did well to avoid that...

2 outstanding 'attacking' signings for (what appears) under half of their worth...

For the love of all that is holy, and my sanity, learn to use inverted commas correctly.

Every single bloody post.

tbf, many of us had serious reservations over the sacking of Gray, who had done a very good job on limited resources. The feeling was, "what could he achieve with some cash to spend"?

This feeling was compounded when we discovered his replacement was a unknown Portuguese chap who rarely lasted more than a year in a job.

My gut feeling at the time was that we would see an influx of unknown foreign players into our team who wouldn't really cut it in the Championship and that CC would be gone by november.

I was wrong, many on here were wrong and now I don't ever want him to leave. Whomever recommended CC played a chuffin blinder and deserves a medal

tbf, many of us had serious reservations over the sacking of Gray, who had done a very good job on limited resources. The feeling was, "what could he achieve with some cash to spend"?

My own personal feeling at the time was the exact opposite: "Please God, don't let Gray waste the money we'll have to spend next season..."

Gray's record of having funds to spend was awful. £800k on May at the start of 2014/15 and then, backed by Chansiri's money before he'd taken over properly in January 2015, he bought Bus, Vermijl and Melo and got Baker and Keane on loan with high rumoured loan fees. All a waste of time. With Gray in charge, we'd probably still have Keane and May in the team.

Anybody who watched Wednesday last year knew that a good chunk of the team needed to be released, we scored 14 goals at home all season, that's not just a side "lacking a finisher", that's a sh@t team

Gray in fairness did a decent job in making that team difficult enough to beat that it finished clear of trouble, but there have been games we've won this season that Gray simply wouldn't have, Forest at home being the main example 

0-0 with about 25 to play, Gray would never have taken off Semedo (who would probably still be a regular starter) and replaced him with another striker, that's just not his way, we'd have to go a goal down before that change was made.

Nice guy and a good coach, but he's the sort of bloke you bring in to keep you in a division, not help you climb out of it 

Edited by Lee A

He's actually right, for a change.

So Megson has legendary status as a manager at SWFC...really? I think Catterick, Charlton, Wilkinson, Atkinson can have claim to that. What CC has done over six months makes you think that when we get to the Premiership he can take us further with the backing DC has given him