The Owls vs Brentford. Official Matchday Thread.

Wednesday 4-0 Brentford (Forestieri 12, Hooper 30, lee 45, Lucas Joao 89)

Possession: 61-39

Shots on target: 8-5

Shots off target: 7-2

Corners: 5-1

Fouls: 13-6

Yellow cards: 0-0

Red cards: 0-1

Westwood, Hunt, Lees, Sasso, Pudil, Wallace (McGugan 74), Lee, Bannan, Forestieri, Hooper (Joao 80), Nuhiu (McGeady 62). 

Subs not used: Price, Bennett, Smemdo, Turner.

Well done Wednesday.

Unlucky Brentford.  

Just got home . Freezing ,but worth every hot ache on my fingers.

The early seding off helped us, but i thought we would have easily beaten them even if they had eleven men on the pitch for the whole game.

Fantastic result made even better by other results going our way for once.

Even Ipswich couldnt manage their usual 95th minute goal today .

A nice 5 point gap between us and 7th , and the wheels have totally fallen off at Derby.

Onwards and upwards

WAWAW

So what do you do if a striker breaks through like that and you're the last man? Hack him down and get sent off or don't challenge and stay on the pitch and maybe risk conceding a goal?  I'm thinking don't challenge like that ... unless you're winning 1-0 in extra time of the cup final or something

That was like a training session

OK - not having a go, but if we are going to really smash this then there will be more days like this. Thank God they are better days than the days of frustration - like v Reading or anger - like v Middlesborough (both times). We did the job. I wasn't there but it's clear to me we mastered the game and did everything that a professional team should do. We demolished a weaker team who were down to 10 men. Job done. We won't have many easier matches in the long run-in to May - no doubt, in my mind - but we are on the back straight of the last lap and we can show no mercy and we cannot take our foot off the gas. We might fall, breathless,, over the finishing line but that's how it goes when you run the race right.  Let's hope we have the championship trophy in our hands when we do that!