Preston seem to like us

There's an irony in people from Preston and that general area saying Sheffield is a horror story but the majority of the other comments are fair enough.

I was born in south west Sheffield which is probably one of the nicer areas of the North and I didn't even end up a pig. The PNE posters will be confused with that one lol

There's an irony in people from Preston and that general area saying Sheffield is a horror story but the majority of the other comments are fair enough.

I was born in south west Sheffield which is probably one of the nicer areas of the North and I didn't even end up a pig. The PNE posters will be confused with that one lol

Like any city/town it has it's bad area's and good area's. I'm fro Herdings and I remember the kids at my school was close to a 50/50 split between wednesday and blunts. 

Like any city/town it has it's bad area's and good area's. I'm fro Herdings and I remember the kids at my school was close to a 50/50 split between wednesday and blunts.

Very true. I think the media and people from outside Sheffield more generally like to perpetuate the idea that the whole city is dated and improverished. Winds me up every time.

Very true. I think the media and people from outside Sheffield more generally like to perpetuate the idea that the whole city is dated and improverished. Winds me up every time.

I just laugh, we've got some great area's in sheffield and also we are lucky to have so much green space and the peaks literally on our doorstep. City centre needs work and if it could be developed like Leeds city centre has then perceptions would change. Not gonna happen anytime soon though as the council for shef seems stuck in past. 

It's good to see Preston on the up again after a rough few years.

Must admit that when we were relegated from the prem in 2000 I was pretty envious of them in the following years over how well run they were in comparison to the complete and utter shambles we were at the time.

They had some very good players. Quality managers like David Moyes and Billy Davies (like him or loath him, he knew how to win games), and they seemed to be in the playoff race every season for a while. It's a bit disappointing that they never got over the line for promotion because I felt they deserved a shot.

Deepdale is also a fantastic traditional stadium, especially since they got that main stand redeveloped.

Looking forward to going back there with over 5000 Owls. Should be a cracking atmosphere.

I just laugh, we've got some great area's in sheffield and also we are lucky to have so much green space and the peaks literally on our doorstep. City centre needs work and if it could be developed like Leeds city centre has then perceptions would change. Not gonna happen anytime soon though as the council for shef seems stuck in past.

Look at the plans for the Sheffield Retail Quarter, it's going to cost £480 Million, however, it'll look stunning when complete, it's not meant to be completed till 2019 though. It includes demolishing huge parts of town and rebuilding, including The Grosvenor Hotel and the John Lewis Building,

Edited by ohgoditsjames

Look at the plans for the Sheffield Retail Quarter, it's going to cost £480 Million, however, it'll look stunning when complete, it's not meant to be completed till 2019 though. It includes demolishing huge parts of town and rebuilding, including The Grosvenor Hotel and the John Lewis Building,

Thanks for posting that mate. Had no idea this was going on. Very good news to see this kind of proposal. Hopefully it'll go through and ahead of schedule. Would like to see even more work carried out on the moor too. I really like the trinity centre in Leeds, covered but not enclosed and architecturally it looks great same with the Victoria quarter there.