Remaining Home Games

Minimum 20 points out of that.

Pick up probably 10 from the away games

You are right. I think that's being quite reasonable too given everything to this point. Surely that would mean play offs assured with circa 80 pts. Just looked at automatics for last 5 years (based on getting one point more than the team that finished third to claim second place which is probably a pretty naff way of looking at it really) and the average needed to get second is 84 points (83.8). Maybe auto's just out of reach unless we go on a stellar run.

The next one is Brentford,no point in looking beyond that one.

And you are also 100% right. One leg at a time.

Guest The Horse

We've been on a good run ever since Bannan and Fernando joined.

We'd be in the auto spots if we hadn't given everyone a five game head start before they arrived.

I can see us winning every one of those home games.

We're going up auto.

We only need to replicate our current form to get 86 points.  The average required for 2nd place is 84 points.

Exciting times ahead.

Comparing points required on a year-on-year basis is an exercise in futility. 

2012-2013 season you would have only needed 79 points and a goal difference of +10 to finish second.

Last season you would have needed 89 points and a goal difference of +42.

Some seasons end with a lower points total being needed than others... for what it's worth this season seems like it'll be quite a high scoring one (but again, impossible to know at this still relatively early stage). Can't see anything less than 90 points being required for the top two, but we'll see. Only thing we can do is keep the points total ticking over and what will be will be. Can't see us finishing outside of the play-offs though

We'd be in the auto spots if we hadn't given everyone a five game head start before they arrived.

We're going up auto.

Gotta agree fella. Our home form and fixtures for me mean we're a shoe in for the play offs. A few results away from home (avoiding defeat at Dull City and Brighton) could well see auto.

We're going up auto.

We are top of form table since game 6. But it was inevitable we would not gel immediately, and of course we didnt have Hooper.