Birmingham City vsThe Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

WM6IpQU.png

TODAY’S OPPOSITES

We played this lot about 6 weeks ago, beat them 3 - 0 and I already told the story of how they formed.

We will go to Birmingham, drink all the beer, eat all the pies and beat them again.

When we score, there’s a new official celebration dance in honour of Maurice White out of Earth, Wind and Fire . It looks like this…

5s8UE.gif

THE SERIOUS BIT

Venue: St. Andrews Stadium, Birmingham.
Kick Off: Saturday, 6th of Febuary at 15:00

Matchday Apparel: Away Shirt and Disco Pants.

Matchday Drink: Probobobobarbly beer. And some cocktails.

Matchday Pie: Chicken and Chips, served in a basket.

Matchday Song: Let’s Groove by Earth Wind and Fire…

RIP Maurice. Grooving in heaven now.

MATCHDAY FACTS

Birmingham City midfielder Jon Toral's knee injury, suffered last weekend, makes him a doubt but forward Diego Fabbrini could get his first start. Loan defender Ryan Shotton might make his Blues debut, but winger David Cotterill (hamstring) is still out.

The Owls have defender Tom Lees back in contention after two months out with a hamstring problem and Michael Turner has recovered from a knee injury. Loan signing Aiden McGeady is in line to make his first start for the club.

5BGw7h2.png Head to Head V1LHByE.png

â–ª Birmingham's 2-0 defeat to Wednesday at St Andrew's last season was their only home defeat to the Owls in the previous seven encounters in all competitions (W5 D1).

â–ª Sheffield Wednesday have only lost one of their last eight league meetings with Birmingham (W4 D3) and have not conceded in any of the last three.

â–ª After winning just three of 10 league games during November and December, the Midlands outfit went unbeaten through January (W3 D2).

â–ª Gary Hooper has scored five of Sheffield Wednesday's last six Championship goals, although just one of those has come away from home.

â–ª Birmingham have kept three consecutive clean sheets in the Championship - their longest streak of shutouts this season.

â–ª Sheffield Wednesday have won just one of their last seven Championship away games (D3 L3).

VDbGOKp.png

My prediction: 2 - 0 to us. Fessi and a McGugan free kick from a West Bromwich petrol station forecourt. Oooooh!

KING CARLOS’ WORDS OF WISDOM

Over 3,000 tickets for the Blues v Owls fixture were quickly snapped up by Wednesdayites and Carlos Carvalhal has paid tribute to the fans. Firmly believing that each and every supporter has a part to play this season, Carlos said:

“They are amazing. When we feel that our fans are following us - and we are feeling this all the time - we are more strong, absolutely sure. The connection between us and the fans is very, very high.

VkiWFfk.jpg

When my players and I feel the presence of the fans and their enthusiasm, believe me this makes us stronger and gives us a very strong feeling to go and win the games. We’ll do our best to try and bring the three points to them. We give full respect to our opponents because we know it will be a tough game but we are ready.”

MINTYNESS

Tay Tay and Giant Shadow Llama will be there!

xbOkaGG.gif

Groovy baby!

Brilliant OMDT. Love that version of Let's Groove, would love to boogie on down with those dancers, they are S.E.R.I.O.U.S.L.Y. HOT!!!!!!

Need a big, big performance from the lads tomorrow to make sure we don't lose any ground.

C'mon Wednesday Let's Groove!

Thankyou for the song Pauli

I know I didn't request it, but it's my favourite EWF

Great thread as always

Birmingham will want to avenge the heavy defeat from a few weeks ago

But I think the game against Burnley will have filled us with confidence

Brum are no Burnley

So 2-1 to The Wednesday

Hooper and Forestierri

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Liking the new official goal celebration - is it correct that this new celebration must be carried out by any Wednesday fan anywhere in the world upon a goal being scored? Would seem sensible and appropriate imo.

Yes. It is official.

Doesn't matter if you are at work being an important lawyer, or having an argument in the call centre with a customer who hasn't paid their bill.

Fast asleep in bed, washing the pots or teaching eskimos to weave baskets. Same thing.

When the news comes, you must dance.

Most probably a loss as me and my dad are going. Other 2 away games together this season - Mk Dons and Charlton...

In that case, no offence but hope your car breaks down or summit so you don't make it! lol

Managed to catch up with Taylor this morning, she's relaxing in Portugal. She said "I was busy on Tuesday
but managed to catch the game at Shrewsbury, I've had this break booked for months but just had time to
call in at the club shop for a Wednesday beach towel. I'm sure the boys will do fine at Birmingham"

post-17101-0-95092700-1454719403_thumb.j

Great as per pauli well done !

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl