Nuhiu

He's always a target for opposition defenders. When protected by effective refereeing, he's a handful and the likes of Gary and Fernando feast on the distraction and the knock downs and flicks he gets right. I see Aiden McG and Lucas as the impact subs at the moment. Take a bow Mrs Sasso and Price - not game changers today but coped well enough. Hope the 3 injured first teamers today are back next week.

what did Sasso's mum do today??

I've critical of Nuhiu during his stay here because he doesn't score enoug goals, he doesn't score anywhere near enough but recently I am changing my view on his value to the team. Last season was our worst total for goals in as long as I can remember o the highlight was on those whose job it was to score goals, however this season scoring is plainly not a problem with goals coming from all over the team. Therefore his goal contribution (although still derisory) is far less important. He is a technically quite an accomplished footballer, he is very strong and helps bring others into the game with ease. He clearly realises this is the biggest and best club he will ever play for and his link with the fans is becoming a special one. With the forward players we have I feel he has to play, fessi doesn't appear anywhere near as effective when partnering hooper as when he is wide left and fessi MUST play, Joao is struggling at the moment so be default Nuhiu is the best partner for hooper.

Never thought I'd say it but he is growing on me.

I've critical of Nuhiu during his stay here because he doesn't score enoug goals, he doesn't score anywhere near enough but recently I am changing my view on his value to the team. Last season was our worst total for goals in as long as I can remember o the highlight was on those whose job it was to score goals, however this season scoring is plainly not a problem with goals coming from all over the team. Therefore his goal contribution (although still derisory) is far less important. He is a technically quite an accomplished footballer, he is very strong and helps bring others into the game with ease. He clearly realises this is the biggest and best club he will ever play for and his link with the fans is becoming a special one. With the forward players we have I feel he has to play, fessi doesn't appear anywhere near as effective when partnering hooper as when he is wide left and fessi MUST play, Joao is struggling at the moment so be default Nuhiu is the best partner for hooper.

Never thought I'd say it but he is growing on me.

Quite a few of us have been saying this for years.

I'm glad you've finally seen the light, welcome to the cult.

What's your view on gary megsonlol

Edited by Corneliusreeve

I've often wanted to start a thread about this, but thought - yeah everyone always says so and so would be better in another position....but I honestly believe Nuhiu is a Midfielder. He has an eye for a pass, has nifty feet and does have a long shot on him.

He isn't strong on the ball, he is not easily brushed off the ball, but your average centre half doesn't struggle too much against him and he does quite often go to ground very easily because of a multitude of reasons, not least he is doubled up on and can't cope with that.

He does win the ball in the air on maybe a 50/50 basis which is actually good, but again that's not a strength.

I just think with his passing and vision, then given his size - he would be a good option in midfield, especially when you combine it with him having poor acceleration. I wouldn't say poor pace because on the odd occasion he has shown he can sprint fast, but it doesn't half take him some to get going.

All the above plus the fact he gets absolutely nothing from the refs despite being assaulted several times a game up top.

. I agree and have been saying so for months.

Think I agree with you there, he probably wouldn't work in midfield, though I can see where he's coming from, Nuhiu is just such a bizarre player. His skill set is just so strange it can be quite hard to know where to fit him in. He's probably best as a "target man" but he doesn't exactly play that role in a conventional way.

Have to agree with this

His size means you expect a certain manner of play, and it isn't one he really offers. His first touch and footwork (ie skill) is legitimately some of the best I've seen from any Wednesday player- but he lacks any pace or agility to take a huge advantage of this... meanwhile he's not great at heading or winning 50-50 aerial battles consistently. Not a great finisher but very smart when it comes to laying the ball off to people. Not really a 'traditional' target man and painfully slow, but somehow he does a job and he seems to have got better in the last month. 

Keep it up big guy

If we still don't know exactly what to make of Nuhiu, Imagine the headache he gives the opposition manager and players. Maybe this adds to his impact.

Whatever you think of Nuhiu, we did nothing today until he came on. Foresteri and Hopper were hardly in the game. Then big Dave comes on everything just changed, he was on to everything and brought both GH and FF in to the game. Probably the best I've seen big Dave play this season, if not ever. He was brilliant if he plays like that, he doesn't need to score.

Nuhiu is a key team player, it's been that way for ages. Thankfuly we can now be successful with others feeding off him and scoring the goals

Damn I so want to agree with that but I just can't quite....

Can we settle for, had the potential to be a key team player, is now? 

lol  

I wish we could agree but sadly no. lol I remember watching us in his first few games against Millwall and he have looked a natural scorer but in terms of the burden he took for the team it's hard to replace. Tudgay fell into a similar trap before him.

If we can sign someone who does what he does with goals added then it's a no brainer but it's clearly the all for one attitude he has which has earnt him a new deal here. I think he's a unique character with the right attitude. Forestieri and Hooper will do well off him.

Its all opinions I suppose....Ive defended him for the most part..and heres why...

You ever seen him not trying...not caring?..ala F.ookin' Bothroyd or Jeffers...I haven't....

He enjoys it when we win, he hates it when we lose...Has he got shortcomings?...course he has...and its one thing pointing them out its another to call him "W* nk, cos thats simply f.ookin' insulting....

Jeffers wouldn't shove his head forward 6 inches against Palace when he was on the goal line...could have kept us up...Nuhiu would have done....mighta missed the f.ooker, but he would have tried.

Its not simply about the Premier league...or who's good enough for it, its also about getting there...and half the players who are getting plaudits for it, won't or shouldn't be there if we reach it..thats plain common sense..

Whoever has played a part in getting us towards it will be a legend to me.

Nuhiu has played a part in getting us to where we are..like it or loathe it...Carlos sees a role for him...Is he blind?..is he stupid?..is he sentimental?

He's a frustrating player...but he's our frustrating player...he doesn't deserve the insults...he might warrant the criticism at times, but its beyond a f.ookin' joke on here at times

This ^^^^

Carlos thinks he's good enough to start in our team. That'll do for me

aaaaaaaand This ^^^^

some rate him some don't it's all about opinions in my case if he warants it he will get the praise if he doesen't then he won't it's no big deal ,others will get the same ,there's no vendetta here or hate just realism if that upsets then sorry but that's how i am 

Edited by trevdi9