Nuhiu

No coincidence that he suddenly looks a player because we have good players around him

Working with Maghoma, Helan and May for support last season, with the ball fired at his head and the central midfielders 40 yards away, always a thankless task, completely different game for him now

No coincidence that he suddenly looks a player because we have good players around him

Working with Maghoma, Helan and May for support last season, with the ball fired at his head and the central midfielders 40 yards away, always a thankless task, completely different game for him now

He didn't look a player first half of the season, but he's certainly upped his game in the last month and half. Helps that we don't have to rely on him now. He can be used as part of a squad rather than a regular. We had that luxury for a while earlier in the season too when Joao was on song.

I've often wanted to start a thread about this, but thought - yeah everyone always says so and so would be better in another position....but I honestly believe Nuhiu is a Midfielder.   He has an eye for a pass, has nifty feet and does have a long shot on him.  

He isn't strong on the ball, he is not easily brushed off the ball, but your average centre half doesn't struggle too much against him and he does quite often go to ground very easily because of a multitude of reasons, not least he is doubled up on and can't cope with that.   

He does win the ball in the air on maybe a 50/50 basis which is actually good, but again that's not a strength.

I just think with his passing and vision, then given his size - he would be a good option in midfield, especially when you combine it with him having poor acceleration.    I wouldn't say poor pace because on the odd occasion he has shown he can sprint fast, but it doesn't half take him some to get going.

All the above plus the fact he gets absolutely nothing from the refs despite being assaulted several times a game up top.   

...would you like to tell me the season 'starts' ... why is it so hard to accept just how essential he is to the squad...either starting regularly or being on the bench...what the fooook is wrong with people..?

The die is pretty much cast now in terms of for and against. Maybe his admirers do occasionally over the top a tad ( though perhaps unsurprisingly given the OTT flak incessantly coming the other way from some). We'll no doubt see it over the next day or so as his regular critics will just not quite be able to muster a simple well done without some caveat to taint the sentiment.

The die is pretty much cast now in terms of for and against. Maybe his admirers do occasionally over the top a tad ( though perhaps unsurprisingly given the OTT flak incessantly coming the other way from some). We'll no doubt see it over the next day or so as his regular critics will just not quite be able to muster a simple well done without some caveat to taint the sentiment.

I've given him credit where it's due. Always have.

You're either thick or just deluded. Never mind.

... lol ... does 'never mind' mean you can't? I'm neither thick or deluded but I'm sure you saying I am will prove your point really well...sit in your own little corner and manage your own ego...amnd your 'credit' ..just like the others...always has a barbed 'but' doesn't it...just can't help it ..

Edited by Freshfish

I've given him credit where it's due. Always have.

IMO there is more often than not a caveat when you feel compelled to offer praise. Like I say the die is cast for most. It's about opinions though. Yours is less favourable of the big man than mine but that's OK. There are more jaundiced views expressed on this subject than even yours.

I do feel though he cops far more flak than is remotely justified and it is that which disappoints me most considering that he's one of our players who always gives 100% and IMO is a valuable contributor to the team and squad.

Edited by Dagmeister

... lol ... does 'never mind' mean you can't? I'm neither thick or deluded but I'm sure you saying I am will prove your point really well...sit in your own little corner and manage your own ego...amnd your 'credit' ..just like the others...always has a barbed 'but' doesn't it...just can't help it ..

"Just like the others". The other what?

I've given him credit for having a positive impact on the game and said I think it helps because we no longer have to rely on him. He can be used how imo he should be used, as a squad player.

He's started 1 of the last 5 games and everyone's happy with, 1. Nuhiu's contribution and 2. The ways things are going in general.

Happy days.

...which player have we relied on? How often does CC have to explain how important the squad is?

"He can be used as part of a squad rather than a regular..."

..except he is a regular and just like with other players the squad is rotated...

Indeed 'Happy Days' but it's hard to just keep the comments about Nuhiu positive isn't it ....