3rd or 4th

Got to disagree there. Mclaren with Newcastle would boss the Championship. Sunderland would deteriorate and sink down IMHO.

Deby started to collapse under McClaren last year (might not happen at newcastle). Allerdyce is a good manager and has won the championship before, he knows the division and would do good business in the summer no doubt. 

That's in my opinion anyway. I'd like to see both relegated as seeing teams like that get relegated is good for the smaller clubs. Thinking about wednesday next year though I'd rather it be Bournemouth, Norwich and Villa. 

I said on another thread that yesterdays game was a "must not lose" game, and thankfully we didn't. Saturdays is just as important and again we can't lose, otherwise we lose a lot of ground.

I feel we are too vulnerable in defence and that will cost us a playoff place.

2 weeks and I reckon Lees and Turner will be back so we should be solid again. No reason we can't beat Brum and Brentford with the team we played last night. Just need to switch on right at the beginning and get a grip of the game straight away. 

Not sure how that's possible when we have a leaky defence and cannot find a way of beating top 6 sides.

6/7 is about our rank in this division on terms of quality.

Changing Nuhiu and Loovens however for me does make 3/4 achievable.

I think we're a bit better than that. Since 1 September we're 5th, and 4 points clear of 7th.

In that same period we've drawn 3 and lost 2 against the current top 6 teams, which could  be better, but could certainly be worse.

If we wanted 3rd or 4th we'd have f**king won. We haven't beat any of the top six and lost most of them. Dunno why everyone is hyped about the playoff when considering how we play vs those teams we suck.

We don't need to beat any of them to go up in the playoffs, draw 3 matches, win 2 penalty shootouts.  Wouldn't be good for the old ticker but it'd be effective

Exciting times for Wednesday ahead. Lees turner Matthias all coming back plus mcgeady now.

We are a damn good side and exciting to watch. February is a tough month. If we are still in the mix come first of match then I think well make the top six. It would be nice to get to third or fourth though...Ipswich can't keep scoring last minute winners surely !

Deby started to collapse under McClaren last year (might not happen at newcastle). Allerdyce is a good manager and has won the championship before, he knows the division and would do good business in the summer no doubt.

That's in my opinion anyway. I'd like to see both relegated as seeing teams like that get relegated is good for the smaller clubs. Thinking about wednesday next year though I'd rather it be Bournemouth, tough.Norwich and Villa.

They'd all be tough I reckon except Villa they are proper buggered. If Allardyce stayed with Sunderland should they go down then you have a point!

To make sure of the play-offs we need to tighten up defensively. We've got everything else going for us but still need Lees back and to bring in one or two in on loan. I'd love for us to get Guedioura in on loan and a centre back too (someone like James Chester)?

There will probably be more twists and turns to come in the race for promotion and the play off spots. Depending upon form and consistency we could probably finish anywhere between 4th and 10th. Become more solid defensively and pick up more points away from home and I could see us making the play offs and finishing as high as 4th but if we don't tighten up or pick up away from home and pick up injuries, we could equally slip away to around 10th. At the moment in this marathon and unpredictable of a League either outcomes are just as likely as the other.

That said, the football we play at times is a joy to watch. And this season so far is one of our most exciting since exiting the top flight. Whether we make the play offs; miss out on them, go up or slip away, the future is bright for the Wednesday with Chansiri and Carlos.

Edited by MilansMissingMarbles

To make sure of the play-offs we need to tighten up defensively. We've got everything else going for us but still need Lees back and to bring in one or two in on loan. I'd love for us to get Guedioura in on loan and a centre back too (someone like James Chester)?

There will probably be more twists and turns to come in the race for promotion and the play off spots. Depending upon form and consistency we could probably finish anywhere between 4th and 10th. Become more solid defensively and pick up more points away from home and I could see us making the play offs and finishing as high as 4th but if we don't tighten up or pick up away from home and pick up injuries, we could equally slip away to around 10th. At the moment in this marathon and unpredictable of a League either outcomes are just as likely as the other.

That said, the football we play at times is a joy to watch. And this season so far is one of our most exciting since exiting the top flight. Whether we make the play offs; miss out on them, go up or slip away, the future is bright for the Wednesday with Chansiri and Carlos.

We have Lees about to restart, and Hutch looking like a cross between John Terry and Usain Bolt. Then the really decent and experienced Turner regaining fitness. Not to mention Loovens as back up. Sasso as 5th choice. Thats pretty amazing. Edited by Holmowl

We have Lees about to restart, and Hutch looking like a cross between John Terry and Usain Bolt. Then the really decent and experienced Turner regaining fitness. Not to mention Loovens as back up. Sasso as 5th choice. Thats pretty amazing.

Yep, key players returning is a big boost. Could still see another loanee coming in to boost us even more.

Top three I feel is out of reach because of our start, defence and away form. But we're a match for anyone at this level. Despite looking like we could've beaten Burnley and them not looking a cut above us I can still see them and Hull battling it out with Middlesbrough for the top two places. With the likes of Derby; Brighton, Ipswich, us, Cardiff, Birmingham, Wolves and Brentford battling it out for the remaining three play off spots.

With a bit of luck, consistency home and away and a bit more solidity we could make the play offs. Whatever happens, I'm enjoying the ride and looking forward to the future.

Edited by MilansMissingMarbles

I think we'll finish just outside the play-offs. Wouldn't be the worst thing really, because if we can add 3 or 4 quality signings to what we already have, give the team another year to gel and adapt (Matias & Joao), we'll be in a much better position for when (if) we reach the PL. If we went up this season we would come straight back down imo

I guess that depends on how we would spend the minimum £99 million TV money from the new contract that starts next year.

After next season, every team coming down will be loaded and I can see the championship becoming more and more about competing with the relegated teams from the Prem.

Early goal yet again.

Wrong attitude.

Gotta think like winners.

I actually think it's more simple than that.

Cut out basic errors, Loovens makes a challenge with his right foot, that puts him on the wrong side of their player allowing the cross, rookie error.

Our attitude and thinking like winners got us back in to the game.

We've suffered injuries to a couple of key defensive players, Lee's will return shortly and I'd say Turner has everything to play for in the hope of getting a deal, just in time for the run in.

Even with potentially Villa, Sunderland and Newcastle coming down?

Dont fear villa or Sunderland, they're down there cus they just aren't good enough, Newcastle will stay up. I think Norwich will come down and they'll probably be best suited to going straight back up.

We'll start beating teams in the top six when it matters........in the playoffs, chilax Ffs.

We haven't beaten anyone in the top 6 all season, we haven't looked great in any of those games. I'll be stoked if we make playoffs don't get me wrong, but everyone seems to forget we have set up negatively and played like S**t against every team we'll likely face if we get there. I'm just skeptical.

We haven't beaten anyone in the top 6 all season, we haven't looked great in any of those games. I'll be stoked if we make playoffs don't get me wrong, but everyone seems to forget we have set up negatively and played like S**t against every team we'll likely face if we get there. I'm just skeptical.

We are growing into the season, getting stronger each month.

Apart from Boro beating our 3rd team over Christmas, the top six arent beating us. Over two legs they actually have to beat us. And by May I think we will be stronger still.

Obviously so, or being in canada, don't see the games... We weren't negative against a very good burnley side and weren't s**t. We were the better side. We also dominated borough in second half. Brighton was a great game for 0-0 both sides going at each other...etc...not sure where you get your info from