3rd or 4th

When every team is performing to its best then not many people can argue we have, at least, the 5th best team/squad in the league. So play offs should be achieved, the problem we have is getting in them properly to stay there so that when we run into the tough fixtures like last nights and away to Birmingham on Saturday we don't drop out.

We really need to put a run of about 3 wins on the trot together to be sat with the Derby's and Burnley's. But seems like every game we have lately is a "tough game" 🙈

Still plenty of points to play for. Anyone can beat anyone in this league & anyone is capable of putting a run together or imploding.

We could still end up finishing outside the top 6 but we're also capable of getting automatic. Boro, Hull, Ourselves & Butnley are all good enough. So are Derby but they look like doing what they usually do.

A month ago it looked like a mini league of us, Ipswich, Cardiff, Brum.

Now I think it is a mini league of us, Brum, Ipswich, Cardiff, Derby and Brighton.

And we have to play all of them - sadly 3 of them away!

But I think we are a far better side and squad now. Really optimistic.

We could look a pretty awesome defensive unit if Hutch and Lees hit it off. And McGeady is a big step up on what we had coming off the bench.

Edited by Holmowl

I was looking at the remaining fixtures today and it doesn't look bad at all.

This month is a bit dodgy but there is no reason why we shouldn't come out of February with at least two wins and two draws. That should keep us in touch with the play-offs.

After Hull City, there is a run of games right up to the Ipswich match on April 16 that look ripe for taking an average of two points a game, especially given that Lees should be back and our squad depth superiority over most other clubs in the division.

Ipswich, Derby, Cardiff and Wolves to finish looks a bit dodgy but we should be able to hold our own in those games.

I was looking at the remaining fixtures today and it doesn't look bad at all.

This month is a bit dodgy but there is no reason why we shouldn't come out of February with at least two wins and two draws. That should keep us in touch with the play-offs.

After Hull City, there is a run of games right up to the Ipswich match on April 16 that look ripe for taking an average of two points a game, especially given that Lees should be back and our squad depth superiority over most other clubs in the division.

Ipswich, Derby, Cardiff and Wolves to finish looks a bit dodgy but we should be able to hold our own in those games.

When i looked at our final four games 2 months ago they looked scary, but with each week I feel more and more confident.

I think we'll finish just outside the play-offs. Wouldn't be the worst thing really, because if we can add 3 or 4 quality signings to what we already have, give the team another year to gel and adapt (Matias & Joao), we'll be in a much better position for when (if) we reach the PL. If we went up this season we would come straight back down imo

Don't mind taking the 100 million though and parachute payments and just build an even better team for another promotion push. It's not like when we came down last time. Would take promotion this year defo. 

Not sure how that's possible when we have a leaky defence and cannot find a way of beating top 6 sides.

6/7 is about our rank in this division on terms of quality.

Changing Nuhiu and Loovens however for me does make 3/4 achievable.

I think Allerdyce will save sunderland but I think newcastle will go down.....Steve McClaren!

Not a betting man though.

Really? Think Newcastle have a much better chance of staying up, think they'll chip away at Swansea, Norwich and Bournemouth.

Sunderland though are dire, Allardyce or not.

I'd rather have Newcastle and McClaren in this division rather than sunderland and Allerdyce. So maybe I'm just hoping that's what happens. Do have a feeling in my gut the Sunderland will survive though.

Got to disagree there. Mclaren with Newcastle would boss the Championship. Sunderland would deteriorate and sink down IMHO.

I said on another thread that yesterdays game was a "must not lose" game, and thankfully we didn't. Saturdays is just as important and again we can't lose, otherwise we lose a lot of ground.

I feel we are too vulnerable in defence and that will cost us a playoff place.