Ticket details: Owls v Brentford

Yeah but after 10 games you've only saved 20 quid.

So it's only 2 quid a game less with many tickets being 36-39 quid on the north.

So I agree with your point but not the prices and membership.

Then if you went to 13 you'd end up paying the price of an ST..... So your silly not to buy an ST...... But if you don't want to go to 23 games........

Head ache now - sort it out ffs

Membership should mean £10 discount, not £5.

Solves everything.

I don't think the POTG prices will be any better next season.

The fact is the only thing that's anywhere near value for money are the early bird/phase one season ticket prices. Other than that, apart from the odd £20 game that's being thrown in the prices are, and will remain, a bit of a joke.

In short, if you can't make 23 games a season you either pay through the nose or don't go.

What a shame what's been a fantastic season so far has been compromised by this completely unnecessary pricing- and done tell me 'if you want top players you have to it for them' because we'd need to be filling the ground at these prices to make a dent in the wage bill.

Improve the team- leave the prices as they were. People would have gone more often and gate receipts would have increased significantly.

ball dropped- no doubt about it.

I said I hoped the POTD prices would be better but we will have to wait to see.  To be fair though the ST prices at all phases were decent value, but only with hindsight.  As was stated on another thread P2 were 22 quid and P3 were 28 quid or so.  Both better than the average paid so far on the day.  Hopefully the 5-10 game STs will prove to provide a more cost effective way for fans to go to more games.

As regards the wage bill, the revenue the club gets from ticket sales is the main source of payment for everything the club does.  In the years under MM we lost about 5m quid a year with lower wage bills and lower ticket prices.  If we want better players and ultimately promotion then the prices have to reflect that and help bridge that gap or else we will fail the FFP rules and that will see us unable to progress.  That doesn't make the high prices palatable or right, but they are to some degree a reality while we are in the championship.  Once we get to the prem, the ticket revenue becomes small fry compared to everything else and then the club can reward fans if it chooses to do so.

Yeah but after 10 games you've only saved 20 quid.

So it's only 2 quid a game less with many tickets being 36-39 quid on the north.

So I agree with your point but not the prices and membership.

Then if you went to 13 you'd end up paying the price of an ST..... So your silly not to buy an ST...... But if you don't want to go to 23 games........

Head ache now - sort it out ffs

If you were a member and bought a ticket for the Arsenal game on the North Stand you actually saved £8 and South Stand tickets for Members were £11 cheaper. 

So we get 19k in the ground last night. If it had been £20 what would the attendance have been ?

Hypothetical question clearly - but folk who object to the pricing levels will no doubt suggest 25k. I would reckon it would have be no more than 22k. Cold and wet, kids at school tomorrow, live Premier League football on TV

So 4000 turn ups paying 35 quid or 7000 paying 20 quid. Reckon SWFC get the same revenue whatever

So we get 19k in the ground last night. If it had been £20 what would the attendance have been ?

Hypothetical question clearly - but folk who object to the pricing levels will no doubt suggest 25k. I would reckon it would have be no more than 22k. Cold and wet, kids at school tomorrow, live Premier League football on TV

So 4000 turn ups paying 35 quid or 7000 paying 20 quid. Reckon SWFC get the same revenue whatever

Yes but there are IMO significant long term advantages to the club getting 'bums on seat's' away from immediate revenue considerations.

We need to build our fan base back up , get the kids interested and stop them supporting a TV team. To do that you have to make it affordable to go and not just when it's a poor unattractive fixture.

Last night was a good opportunity to do that, good opposition, important game, we have no shortage of seats ffs. We knew we would have easily more than 10,000 empty seats, do something with that asset

Edited by Geedee

If it had been £20 last night there would have been a couple of thousand more IMO.

Because the other 8,000 or so that say they would attend if pricing was right would've found another excuse like it was the wrong sort of drizzle for a Tuesday night or the queue outside Beres is starting to get too long or maybe even that they can't see the new scoreboard properly from the South.

So why nearly 24 v Brighton with no away fans and third home game in a week?

Personally feel the prices for the Brentford game are about £10 overpriced based on what I would expect to pay for a Championship game. Harsh reality is that Wednesday probably need to charge a lot more to balance the books, but if they did even less would attend.

Ill attend a handful of games this season and will wait for the games that are more attractively priced.