Attendance v Burnley

Good for you pal , who are these people that you talk of ?

Why would they need to hide behind excuses, do they get fined if they don't have a legit excuse?

Do they all get their heads together to come up with the excuses ?

I for one would have been there like a shot tonight but for the price , I had a season ticket for decades and only gave it up when I could take no more abject misery around 2009, as did thousands of others around my age (56) .

I've attended a few of the cheaper matches and enjoyed them and funnily enough I don't need some on here who have been watching two minutes to tell me we have a decent squad .

It's not the 37,000 Wycome / Arsenal fans that should cause concern, it's the missing 4/5 k that made us the best supported team in this league whilst watching players that could barely trap a ball when we were permenantly fighting relegation .

The same 4/5k that saw us average more than Utd even in their Prem promotion season .

A few on here ought to climb down off their high horses , stop trotting out crap one liners and ask themselves WHY haven't crowds picked up ?

You are right on one thing though pal , we have all been wondering why the hell we haven't signed Jordan Rhodes ... .... Honest !

I don't think its the ones that go that need to ask why...its the 4k stay always..

I'd actually LOVE to meet and hear what the stay aways have to say as to why they still don't go. We're playing the best football since the late 90's (too young to remember but that's what my dad says), there are still some decent pricepd fixtures, isn't tonight 28quid on the Kop? Got my first season ticket for next season though so can't wait!

Price mainly. £28 is very expensive when have a family to pay for.

People like u just don't get it at all. The fact we're playing great football blah blah is completely irrelevant. We could sign Messi and Ronaldo and many people still wouldn't go cos of price. Just cos the teams performing doesn't make it automatically more affordable.

£53 for me and an 11 year old to sit on The North tonight. How in Gods name did it come to this??! Seriously.

Has anybody, and I mean anybody, got any valid reason why we should be subject to these ghastly prices?

How has this still not been addressed?

Add on travel expenses , a drink , food , programme and its not far shy of a tonne. 

Guest Theboylangers

£53 for me and an 11 year old to sit on The North tonight. How in Gods name did it come to this??! Seriously

Has anybody, and I mean anybody, got any valid reason why we should be subject to these ghastly prices?

Absolutely this.

It's a good job that everyone didn't just jack it in a few years ago because if we had there wouldn't be a team to go and watch when it takes the fancy.

Wednesdayites are known for their loyalty. It has been unwavering over the years. There aren't many teams who could have put up with what we've had to put up with for the last 20 years or so and still be getting 20K regularly through the gate.

DC and his advisors had two options when taking over...he could re-engage the entire fan base with attractive pricing to bring back all those fans lost through the wilderness years, and also, let's not forget, reward the loyalty of all those who stood with the club through thin and thinner.

Or, he could just milk the fan base for as much as possible by setting the highest prices in the division, higher prices than most Premier League clubs and then sit back and become "baffled" by low crowds.

Really Mr Chansiri...you're baffled by our low crowds? I wish I'd have been at that Steering Meeting when he came out with that gem!

We have just missed a huge opportunity to really galvanise our support and yet all that the price fiasco has done is split opinions, turn fan against fan and bring out the very worst in a disappointing number of our self-righteous fan base.

Shame.

£53 for me and an 11 year old to sit on The North tonight. How in Gods name did it come to this??! Seriously.

We have one of the highest % of fans paying match day prices in the entire league.

You haven't bought membership's.

You haven't bought ST's.

It was addressed twice but it turned out that significantly more fans came when it was £39/£42/£46 than either of those times it was £20.

Apparently that was because fans can't make it to mid-week games. In which case they wouldn't be able to make it if tonight was cheaper anyway...

Apart from when we played Arsenal in mid-week for similar match day prices as tonight, and everyone came.

By the way, if you have been to the cheap games, the average you have paid overall looks far more reasonable than only looking at the 3 or 4 expensive games in isolation.

A few years ago it was £42 for you and child to attend a L1 game where we couldn't beat 9 men Yeovil.

Is an extra £13 for a top of the table Championship clash, watching Forestieri, Hooper, Bannan, Gray, Barton etc really as ghastly as you are making out?

I know which I would rather pick given a choice.

Add on travel expenses , a drink , food , programme and its not far shy of a tonne. 

Yeah, always important to include stuff like food and drink that you would have anyway, and the optional programme that most people don't buy...

Edited by nebneeb

So by using your analogy Nebneeb then Middlesbrough fans should be paying for the privilege of seeing Jordan Rhodes, David Nugent etc etc...let's look at what they are paying...

Game on Saturday v Blackburn.

Most expensive adult ticket = £34

Cheapest adult ticket = £22

But surely they should be the most expensive as they are top of the league and have just signed someone for £9m and are paying him £50k per week. The fans need to pay for this increase in quality blah blah blah!!!

Absolute horseshit!

We're being ripped off and some of you don't know it, or worst of all, don't care. God help us if we don't get promoted in the next few years because we sure as hell won't be able to sustain these prices going forward in the Championship.

Enjoy the half empty stadium tonight.

Depends where you live. Costs me £4 on tram and £3 for prog. Not gonna set me back that much is it! And I'm a student without a job and I still go and get on with it.

Already had my tea which I'm sure the majority of attendees tonight will have. Not gonna die of starvation or thirst over 2 hours at the match. Baffles me how many people by food/drink in the ground.

Now for out of towners this is a bigger issue yes. But if they were willing to come to the game anyway I'm sure they'd pay extra. The out of towners who don't go aren't gonna pick a Tuesday night game are they. Prices are expensive tho

The pricing system seems backwards to me.

I want to go and watch Wednesday WIN.  

Why pay more to see us play a team more likely to beat us?

I'd rather go and watch us win a game 3-0.  And those are the cheaper games.

The pricing bands is silly. Should be a flat rate so people know how much it'll be when they show up.

And we should give free tickets to the schools. Fills up the stadium and the kids will become fans and nag their parents to take them along.

We have one of the highest % of fans paying match day prices in the entire league.

You haven't bought membership's.

You haven't bought ST's.

It was addressed twice but it turned out that significantly more fans came when it was £39/£42/£46 than either of those times it was £20.

Apparently that was because fans can't make it to mid-week games. In which case they wouldn't be able to make it if tonight was cheaper anyway...

Apart from when we played Arsenal in mid-week for similar match day prices as tonight, and everyone came.

By the way, if you have been to the cheap games, the average you have paid overall looks far more reasonable than only looking at the 3 or 4 expensive games in isolation.

A few years ago it was £42 for you and child to attend a L1 game where we couldn't beat 9 men Yeovil.

Is an extra £13 for a top of the table Championship clash, watching Forestieri, Hooper, Bannan, Gray, Barton etc really as ghastly as you are making out?

I know which I would rather pick given a choice.

Yeah, always important to include stuff like food and drink that you would have anyway, and the optional programme that most people don't buy...

So what's happening then. How come we're struggling to beat crowd figures we got when we were poo ?

I went to the last midweek game for £20. I'd be going to this game for £20, I'd be going to this game for £25, but I won't be going for £33 pounds! I've never let anyone rip me off & I won't be starting with the club I've supported since being a kid.

For me it's very simple - they try to rip me off, I won't go, they don't try to rip me off, I will go.

Unfortunately it's not that simple for my son & his ST holding mates. We let them go to Satday matches on there own by tram but there's no way we're letting them go on a school night, so they're going to miss out! That's what REALLY hacks me off about all this - they have a season ticket, & can't go!