Attendance v Burnley

Doesn't matter what we charge, if it were a fiver theyd still find an excuse not to go.

Saying that it will be cold tonight so I can see why some wimps wouldn't go

Well that's rubbish cos at a fiver they would go. The reason the Bolton game was poorly attended was cos it was poorly advertised. Hull city advertise their games on local radio. I bet Wednesday don't.

Secondly, we need wimps. Gays, lesbians, Irish, commumists, negros, red headed people are all welcome. We aren't the Nazi party.

If you're a member.

The fact is something is up - best team since we got relegated, first time we've had a realistic chance of promotion back to the Premier League and we're often struggling to break 20k. Someone posted on here that at the moment crowd average is 8th out of the 16 seasons we've spent outside the top division.

I think it's price to blame - particularly the bad publicity from the season ticket hike and the Bristol City game. If it isn't what else is it?  The only people who really know are the ones who don't go. They tend to be disbelieved though.

People STILL banging on about the Bristol game really need to get a grip!!

There have been loads of games played since then for far cheaper and there have been numerous offers on to fans to attend matches for cheaper that have not seen a marked up turn in our attendances.

The fact is some people just can't be bothered, they have "better things to do" and they'll show up for the odd big game (Wycombe, Arsenal) and will attend a few more if (when) we get back to the Prem. In the mean-time they'll just hide behind any excuse they can and ticket prices is an easy one while at the same time moaning that we haven't signed Jordan Rhodes.

Anyway, more fool them, however many are there tonight, I'll be there to watch some of the best football I've seen palyed at Hillsborough in years.

Well that's rubbish cos at a fiver they would go. The reason the Bolton game was poorly attended was cos it was poorly advertised. Hull city advertise their games on local radio. I bet Wednesday don't.

Secondly, we need wimps. Gays, lesbians, Irish, commumists, negros, red headed people are all welcome. We aren't the Nazi party.

Maybe I exaggerated a little yeah of course more will go but we still would struggle to get 25k on a night like tonight.

And what a random statement that is! Quite funny how you assume but wimps I meant gay people lol

If the club gave £10 discount, instead of £5 to members it would make membership worthwhile. Would be a way of increasing attendance without upsetting ST holders. At the moment its not worth the hassle being a member if you only do about 5 or 10 games a season. After 10 games, you'd maybe think about a ST anyway.

You only need to attend 6 games to get your money back and get priority on away match tickets plus for the Arsenal match the membership saved people £11 on a match ticket if buying one for the Soith Stand.

There have been loads of games played since then for far cheaper and there have been numerous offers on to fans to attend matches for cheaper that have not seen a marked up turn in our attendances.

The fact is some people just can't be bothered, they have "better things to do" and they'll show up for the odd big game (Wycombe, Arsenal) and will attend a few more if (when) we get back to the Prem. In the mean-time they'll just hide behind any excuse they can and ticket prices is an easy one while at the same time moaning that we haven't signed Jordan Rhodes.

Anyway, more fool them, however many are there tonight, I'll be there to watch some of the best football I've seen palyed at Hillsborough in years.

WAWAW! It's not banging on it's suggesting that it created an impression that isn't being dislodged. We're around 3k down for example on the post promotion season when we were poo . These aren't glory hunting supporters  - they wouldn't be Wednesday fans if they were. 

Why does it bother people so much that fans are staying away - for whatever reason?

For as long as I've supported Wednesday/watched football, mid-week games - especially in the winter months - are way down on Saturday afternoon attendance-wise. The reasons are bloody obvious - before you even talk about it being £33-39 tonight.

If you're going, just look forward to it and enjoy seeing our best team in 20 years! No need to worry about those of us who would love to be there, but can't, or worry about those who decide football on a freezing Tuesday night for £33 isn't for them.

I'd actually LOVE to meet and hear what the stay aways have to say as to why they still don't go. We're playing the best football since the late 90's (too young to remember but that's what my dad says), there are still some decent pricepd fixtures, isn't tonight 28quid on the Kop? Got my first season ticket for next season though so can't wait!

I'd have been to at least a couple more with sensible prices, including tonight. But not at £33, £25 tops is more than enough on the kop.

If you're a member.

The fact is something is up - best team since we got relegated, first time we've had a realistic chance of promotion back to the Premier League and we're often struggling to break 20k. Someone posted on here that at the moment crowd average is 8th out of the 16 seasons we've spent outside the top division.

I think it's price to blame - particularly the bad publicity from the season ticket hike and the Bristol City game. If it isn't what else is it? The only people who really know are the ones who don't go. They tend to be disbelieved though.

Might have got it from one of the oinks forums as posted the other day.

post-19578-0-21023800-1454418955.png

I'd love to go to more games, myself & son are members. But living outside we are not local, and midweek games is too much hassle (unless it's school hols) as it takes an hour just to get out of the city. Price isn't the problem - it's the commute making us tired n miserable at school/work the following day

I always hear this about how hard it is to get away from Hillsborough but as Ive posted before ill be in Manchester dropping son off by 11pm tonight.

How do people manage to still be stuck in Sheffield by that time???

Park up under railway arches in either direction walk to car and your straight away if heading to M1 or going over tops its easy just requires a little walking.

Edited by coopswfc76

I always hear this about how hard it is to get away from Hillsborough but as Ive posted before ill be in Manchester dropping son off by 11pm tonight.

How do people manage to still be stuck in Sheffield by that time???

Park up under railway arches in either direction walk to car and your straight away if heading to M1 or going over tops its easy just requires a little walking.

Huddersfield for me. Get back in the house 10.20. Its brilliant. (The journey time, not the house).

Why does it bother people so much that fans are staying away - for whatever reason?

For as long as I've supported Wednesday/watched football, mid-week games - especially in the winter months - are way down on Saturday afternoon attendance-wise. The reasons are bloody obvious - before you even talk about it being £33-39 tonight.

If you're going, just look forward to it and enjoy seeing our best team in 20 years! No need to worry about those of us who would love to be there, but can't, or worry about those who decide football on a freezing Tuesday night for £33 isn't for them.

The fuller the better - makes for a more enjoyable experience. 

The fuller the better - makes for a more enjoyable experience.

Yep same for me. Attendances are a virtuous circle...

Fullish house = great atmosphere = more enjoyable experience = more fans come back

And of course the oposite applies.

That said, the Bolton match was so good, I enjoyed the atmosphere around me, even on a cold night in January in the Family Stand !

So I suppose my point is, first priority is a good, exciting win. Second priority, atmosphere. Third, not standing in wee at half time, but if you give me 1 and 2 I will gladly stand in wee.

Good for you pal , who are these people that you talk of ?

Why would they need to hide behind excuses, do they get fined if they don't have a legit excuse?

Do they all get their heads together to come up with the excuses ?

I for one would have been there like a shot tonight but for the price , I had a season ticket for decades and only gave it up when I could take no more abject misery around 2009, as did thousands of others around my age (56) .

I've attended a few of the cheaper matches and enjoyed them and funnily enough I don't need some on here who have been watching two minutes to tell me we have a decent squad .

It's not the 37,000 Wycome / Arsenal fans that should cause concern, it's the missing 4/5 k that made us the best supported team in this league whilst watching players that could barely trap a ball when we were permenantly fighting relegation .

The same 4/5k that saw us average more than Utd even in their Prem promotion season .

A few on here ought to climb down off their high horses , stop trotting out crap one liners and ask themselves WHY haven't crowds picked up ?

You are right on one thing though pal , we have all been wondering why the hell we haven't signed Jordan Rhodes ... .... Honest !