Official Deadline Day Thread

Heres a sentence you wont read very often...Just listened to Jermain Jeanas making a good point.

He was giving his opinion why the Prem top six bought no-one. His view was that at this time of year they prefer a settled squad rather than risk unsettling by bringing new players into the starting line up.

Thats us. Apart from McGeady we have taken our very settled squad and made them even more settled, signing Hooper and giving long term contracts to several key players.

And even the single incommer makes total sense. More competition out wide.

Got a great feeling about the run-in.

Did Bus get out on loan in time or not? Nothing on the OS. Possibly will have to wait for loan window.

It's irrelevant surely if he's being loaned out then he's being loaned out. He needs game time, so we'd be foolish not to get him out to another club to play regularly. Sensible asset management, will up/maintain the price he'd actually fetch if we sold him in summer.

Don't think we'll go for the AG straight away as he wouldn't be available for the playoffs. Downside there is (if I've got my dates right) to be with us for the playoff final we can't sign him until Feb the 27th. I do hope the games between now and then don't cost us!

Jack Hunt fee confirmed as £1.2m according to here:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/01/premier-league-transfer-window-january-2016-club-by-club

Crystal Palace

Ins Emmanuel Adebayor (free)

Outs Jonny Williams (MK Dons, loan), Jack Hunt (Sheffield Wednesday, £1.2m), Jake Gray (Hartlepool, loan), Jerome Binom-Williams (Leyton Orient, loan)

Around £1m was what I was hoping for, a little concerned we'd overpaid for him at the time but that seems about right.

Heres a sentence you wont read very often...Just listened to Jermain Jeanas making a good point.

He was giving his opinion why the Prem top six bought no-one. His view was that at this time of year they prefer a settled squad rather than risk unsettling by bringing new players into the starting line up.

Thats us. Apart from McGeady we have taken our very settled squad and made them even more settled, signing Hooper and giving long term contracts to several key players.

And even the single incommer makes total sense. More competition out wide.

Got a great feeling about the run-in.

If his reasoning is right, it will be us, Ipswich and Cardiff fighting it out for the automatic, whilst big spenders like Boro and Derby jostle for a spot in the play offs. Seriously though, there is some logic to what he says, and I really didn't think Boro and Derby needed to do so many deals

If his reasoning is right, it will be us, Ipswich and Cardiff fighting it out for the automatic, whilst big spenders like Boro and Derby jostle for a spot in the play offs. Seriously though, there is some logic to what he says, and I really didn't think Boro and Derby needed to do so many deals

Agree Boro and Derby have gambled inexplicably. They now have to spend February bedding in too many new signings. One these clubs will go financially boobies up in the next few seasons.

Edited by F. Spiksley