Soft headers in our six yard box again

Harsh to say those coming in aren't good enough. They aren't up to speed, so I wouldn't expect them to be at their best. There are one or two that fall short on quality. But generally, when we rotate our team lacks a familiarity that only comes with regular games together. That is the downside of rotation. It's a nice idea in theory, but in practice there is usually a price to pay.

Then the answer needs to be, no wholesale changes surely? If we rotate two or three players at a time, there'll still be that familiarity, and doing it regularly will mean more players up to speed when needed

Guest wilyfox

Then the answer needs to be, no wholesale changes surely? If we rotate two or three players at a time, there'll still be that familiarity, and doing it regularly will mean more players up to speed when needed

That's what I believe. Dyche manages it at Burnley. Howe at Bournemouth as well. Seems Carlos favours more drastic measures.

To be entirely expected

A mixture of a minuscule team, zonal marking and poor defenders.

To everyone screaming out for us to spend money on a top attacking player before the window closes, I still can't believe people can't see the problem is at the back. Can't see us doing much this window to improve the defense, but that'll be where the majority of improvement will be needed to be made in summer

seen the highlights , defending was awful sasso n turner massive faults for all  3 goals . when shrewsbury had penalty turner had his arms on his waist while shrewsbury  player was ready to pounce if keeper saved it and there was a rebound if sasso n turner where in defence tues night burnley will get at least 6 send them back carlos plz get a defender in 6ft+ who can defend.