Soft headers in our six yard box again

The cups are a waste of time for a club like ours. 1 we don't need the money. 2 A Championship club has no chance of winning it, because the top PL clubs put all their best players in in the final rounds. 3 It's just more games and more risk of injury to our players. We'd probably have had more points in the bag if we hadn't lost Lees against Stoke.

Don't think it's the personnel that's the cause of these goals, its the way we set up tactically.

It's probably both. I can't comment on today, but in recent games we've been in big trouble from crosses and set plays. I do think we struggle with the zonal marking, but we are often outnumbered two to one by the opposition's bigger players. We are a small side.

Now look, we're all wee-wee'ing because we've lost a game.

Look, it was nice to be able to give 11 fringe players a run-out, and it may be the game that sees Lewis Mer-Googlan play a more prominent role in the last third of the season.

So actually, something good HAS come out of today.  That, and we don't have 2 further distractions such as a horrid game against someone like the filthies who would love the chance to ruin half our squad.

We either tighten up a bit, maybe signing someone like Ince to sit in front of the back four, and maybe losing a bit going forward. The other option would be to get in better attacking players, except the vulnerability, and try and out score the opposition

We either tighten up a bit, maybe signing someone like Ince to sit in front of the back four, and maybe losing a bit going forward. The other option would be to get in better attacking players, except the vulnerability, and try and out score the opposition

For a number of years there's been quite a bit of criticism of our side sitting too deep (perhaps because we've not been particularly competent going forwards)

I guess the freedom with which we've attacked this year has inevitably meant that we've been less compact defensively.

Also a settled (and competent!) central defensive pairing is invaluable. Something we've not had all season

For a number of years there's been quite a bit of criticism of our side sitting too deep (perhaps because we've not been particularly competent going forwards)

I guess the freedom with which we've attacked this year has inevitably meant that we've been less compact defensively.

Also a settled (and competent!) central defensive pairing is invaluable. Something we've not had all season

Yes good points

Guest wilyfox

People are overreacting on the defensive front. We made 9 changes today; I'm not a fan of rotation - never have been. But, I understand that sometimes it is necessary and makes sense.

Problem today was that some of the players coming in today had not played for months, and we came unstuck. I wouldn't read too much into the mistakes, the performances, or the defeat.

Guest wilyfox

We have been conceding from crosses all season not just today.

And other teams don't? All teams concede.

Today we had our 3rd choice keeper who only gets a game sporadically, a LB debut that hadn't played since August, and a CB pairing that have not played together before.

Not exactly the recipe for a clean sheet.

People are overreacting on the defensive front. We made 9 changes today; I'm not a fan of rotation - never have been. But, I understand that sometimes it is necessary and makes sense.

Problem today was that some of the players coming in today had not played for months, and we came unstuck. I wouldn't read too much into the mistakes, the performances, or the defeat.

Yes, with so many wholesale changes, you are always vulnerable. I do think there's a danger of glossing over the problem though, we are weak in the air all over the park

There is a real problem in that whenever we decide to give fringe players a chance, the team does not play well and the players brought in prove  to be not good enough. The televised match at Boro is still rankling. Frankly, our management is not as competent as most fans seem to think.

Guest wilyfox

There is a real problem in that whenever we decide to give fringe players a chance, the team does not play well and the players brought in prove to be not good enough. The televised match at Boro is still rankling. Frankly, our management is not as competent as most fans seem to think.

Harsh to say those coming in aren't good enough. They aren't up to speed, so I wouldn't expect them to be at their best. There are one or two that fall short on quality. But generally, when we rotate our team lacks a familiarity that only comes with regular games together. That is the downside of rotation. It's a nice idea in theory, but in practice there is usually a price to pay.

Edited by wilyfox

carlos gets a lot of praise most of it quite rightly its been so entertaining to watch us at home this season. but with amount of money on transfers and wages we should or any other team should be pushing for top 6 at least. defence wise we have been a mess lately and how we beat Bolton I don't know madine bullied our centre halfs all night what will sam vokes do on tues? scary though , surely there must be a decent 6ft+ defender available somewhere if tom lees aint going to be fit, turner just has to go back to Norwich injured all the time and last 3 games he played for us had a shocker he is way too slow . and sasso cant defend only the ladies rate him lol