Season Ticket window is finally closed

Don't get the argument for extending the offer until end of Feb because of Christmas/January pay dates.

If you get the offer on finance, you don't pay owt until February, so the Christmas/January pay dates don't affect your ability to buy (unless of course you're wanting to pay the full whack to save the fee - which is minimal given what you'll save over the 3 years?).

Don't get the argument for extending the offer until end of Feb because of Christmas/January pay dates.

If you get the offer on finance, you don't pay owt until February, so the Christmas/January pay dates don't affect your ability to buy (unless of course you're wanting to pay the full whack to save the fee - which is minimal given what you'll save over the 3 years?).

Firstly there is a cost to the finance.  Secondly, not everybody has a credit rating that will see them qualify for the finance.  Thirdly, some people simply refuse to incur credit.

Also, from a marketing point of view, if we have a good February and promotion looks realistic then many more people will take the plunge.

If Chansiri's aim is to genuinely to get as many season ticket holders as possible, then it almost looks ridiculous to no extend it by one month.  What harm can it do?

Firstly there is a cost to the finance.  Secondly, not everybody has a credit rating that will see them qualify for the finance.  Thirdly, some people simply refuse to incur credit.

Also, from a marketing point of view, if we have a good February and promotion looks realistic then many more people will take the plunge.

If Chansiri's aim is to genuinely to get as many season ticket holders as possible, then it almost looks ridiculous to no extend it by one month.  What harm can it do?

I agree with you again!

The cost to the finance isn't trivial.

For someone wanting to buy 2 adult and 2 kids tickets on a 3 year deal is at least £2000.

That's £120.

I already have planned in my head what they should do here.  Extend for one month and then take off sale at the end of February.  A good February results wise will definitely generate more sales.

Then take off sale at the end of February.

Assuming everything is going to plan results wise and we are still in and around the top 6 at the end of March they then announce a "Nearly Early Bird Season Ticket".  On sale from the 1st April to 30 April.  Only 5% more expensive than the Early Bird Tickets. Announce that tickets will not go back on sale again until June when we know what division we are in.  If we are still in the top 6 they will sell loads here.  We only have a one in four chance of winning the play offs so this puts the club in a great position.  Go up - who cares!  Don't go up - season ticket sales are well up!

Totally agree. it costs them nothing to extend the deadline. As it stands the club will sell 0 ST's in February. Surely they'd rather sell some than none ??

1. The cost for finance will be nothing compared to 2 season's worth of season ticket increases when buying year on year.

2. Anyone with a credit rating unable to get the finance won't have £1,000+ to spend on a 3-year season ticket full stop, so wouldn't be interested in buying anyway.

3. That is fair enough, I don't agree people should get in debt to watch a football match. But if they can pay it off in February then they will only need credit for a day won't they?

I suspect Mr Chansiri will stick with the same 3 phase season ticket windows as last year, so obviously there has to be deadlines.

If they're following this transfer window analogy through to its logical conclusion, the loan window will open a week or two after it closes. I presume this means you borrow a season ticket from a Crystal Palace fan and get to watch games there for a month or two.

1. The cost for finance will be nothing compared to 2 season's worth of season ticket increases when buying year on year.

2. Anyone with a credit rating unable to get the finance won't have £1,000+ to spend on a 3-year season ticket full stop, so wouldn't be interested in buying anyway.

3. That is fair enough, I don't agree people should get in debt to watch a football match. But if they can pay it off in February then they will only need credit for a day won't they?

I suspect Mr Chansiri will stick with the same 3 phase season ticket windows as last year, so obviously there has to be deadlines.

The cost of Bristol City at home tickets were nothing compared to the cost of finance for a family buying 3 year tickets, who will only use the finance option for 1 day before paying it off in February... so therefore nobody should have complained?

We are back to what the strategy actually is.

Because they've put up the prices for POTG, which looked like it was to encourage more ST sales.

But now they've made the commitment level 3X longer, shortened the window, made it earlier in the season, and removed the option to buy on the website.

There's a workaround available to use a Virgin Card, but seriously, the ball-ache of having to apply for a new credit card, organise balance transfers, then go to the shop or arrange a call back, just to renew a ST is not the club being "encouraging".

And now they've set the baseline prices for the next 3 years. So even though the future is very uncertain, there's little room or possibility for adjustments to be made.

I expect we will see a slight increase in ST sales due to the improvements made in basically every other area.

But nothing major. And well short of what would have been possible.

Somewhere caught in the middle will be those who really do struggle to afford their ST's.

If they miss this deadline, it will only be more difficult, and by that time they might just have enough bad taste in their mouth to sack it off altogether.

What's the point of even risking that happening?

What do the club gain?

Do they really need all the money in January, rather than February!?

Edited by nebneeb

My Dad and step mum just bought me my first ever season ticket as my birthday present, although my birthday is at the end of June. I'm 21 so the new bracket means it works out to be 14 quid a match! So happy.

This window definitely needs to be open longer, at the very least it must be extended to the end of February. I haven't been paid for 6 weeks like many others because of the early pay packet we get in December. Seems daft that they are only offering this deal at the start of the year when no ones got any money due to Christmas commitments etc. If the aim is to get more ST holders then surely they should encourage people with this deal by extending it by at least a month, meaning that people will of had at least a pay day to get one. I was going to buy myself one on Saturday as I get paid tonight for the first time in 6 weeks, fortunately my Dad and step mum surprised me with it as my birthday present, however most people won't be that lucky.

The club need to follow what Derby have done, their average attendance has gone up massively because of getting more ST's and cheap PotG.

Edited by ohgoditsjames

1. True, but you are forgetting that most people will still be buying one year season tickets.  Even £500 in one hit is a lot for most people.  If they can't afford the hit in one pay packet at the time of the year they have least money they are more likely to simply not buy a season ticket and pick and choose their games.

2. Again, most will be buying one year tickets.  Credit rating and disposable income rarely go hand in hand.

3. They will need credit for a month not a day as they won't get paid until the end of February.

The different phases didn't go on sale until the pre-season so Chansiri has a choice, extend and sell more tickets or don't and don't sell any more until the Summer.  Surely, the whole strategy of high POTG prices is designed around increasing season ticket sales.

Not extending, will make zero sense.

Not a surprise when they've stopped people buying them online, and don't have enough staff to answer the phone.

If its a one year ST you can buy them online, its only 2 or 3 year ST that have to be bought from the office or by telephone.

Not a surprise when they've stopped people buying them online, and don't have enough staff to answer the phone.

I've just been waiting 30 minutes. Gave up.

Don't live in sheffield so can't get there.

I have emailed ticket enquiries to see if they can ring me back.

Otherwise no ST for me and t'lad next year. I'm not paying more in Feb

If they want people to renew then at least have the processes to enable them to do it

I've just been waiting 30 minutes. Gave up.

Don't live in sheffield so can't get there.

I have emailed ticket enquiries to see if they can ring me back.

Otherwise no ST for me and t'lad next year. I'm not paying more in Feb

If they want people to renew then at least have the processes to enable them to do it

From Owlsonline, if you send them an email before the deadline, they will phone you back after the deadline and sort you out.

That said, it's just bad publicity and bad feeling being spread on social media when stuff like this wee wees people off. As you have said, you aren't then going to pay more when they go on sale later, you'll just sack it off altogether.

It's just stupid from the club.

Edited by nebneeb