New club crest

Don't worry action is being taken by some saddos using some 500 year old law that clubs with letters in a shield shaped badge is not allowed - it's somthing to do with clubs not registering them. I think Airdrieonians are getting done for it but it effects clubs both side of the border - we will be back to the 70's badge with no shield in no time so chill out

Without history and tradition you're nothing, may as we'll gone into administration like so many other clubs. Our history is a source of great pride to many, what better reason to wear it on your chest and wear it with pride.

But the Owl has been changed many times previously, the didn't alter our history. Remember the crest on the shirt that DiCanio wore? They didn't take the league cup victory off us for it, just like they didn't take away our history when we reverted to the one on the current shirts.

Don't see why people have to be so melodramatic

I really love our crest now and I've never really known any different. For one season I would think its a fantastic idea, long term I'm not sure but I'm glad we've redesigned an old crest rather than created a new one from scratch. It'll grow on me and I have a lot of respect for Chansiri for making such a decision and still respecting our culture.

I wouldn't like us to ditch the stripes, though I'm assuming we'll be going with the all blue with white sleeves look next season?

The kit where we went from bad to diabolical in? Hope not too many bad memories.

Edited by marconi

Absolutely, it's embarrassing

The old (current) badge was a few lines in the vague outline of an owl. This one is a piece of art.

Art? Yes in the same manor you can stick a pile of bricks in the rate modern and call it art.

The chuba chupps logo was designed by a world famous artist. Still looked poo on our shirt though lol

But the Owl has been changed many times previously, the didn't alter our history. Remember the crest on the shirt that DiCanio wore? They didn't take the league cup victory off us for it, just like they didn't take away our history when we reverted to the one on the current shirts.

Don't see why people have to be so melodramatic

Miffed, I'm in favour of the change and the traditional badge. My reply was to a member that feels our heritage is not important.

Miffed, I'm in favour of the change and the traditional badge. My reply was to a member that feels our heritage is not important.

Heritage is important.  Embrace it, love it, understand it.  Rely on it too much and we start sounding like Leeds and their "vaunted" history, with nothing modern to fall back on,

That's my point.  Let's not fetishise old times.

The "EST. 1867" in our minimal crest was all that was needed.

Edited by CaliforniaOwl