New club crest

I'm glad we're getting rid of that god awful shield

Although I don't mind the new crest

I prefer the iconic owl on it's own, and hope we will still stock clothing with this crest

I think I'm in a minority, because I love the round crest which is currently above the main entrance to the south stand

It's still in a shield isn't it?

People, particularly English men and Yorkshiremen, don't like change. They will oppose to any change there is and moan about it.

At least the only thing people can moan about is the badge because the football is chuffing brilliant.

You've still got people moaning about how the club aren't listening about ticket prices and when they do cheap tickets like the Brighton, Bolton and Leeds games, they still don't turn up lol

I am in a bit of a "knots". It seems to be a wholly misguided decision. History belongs in a museum. Not on a shirt.

So history is bad but Everton were right to resist change and they're also a big premier league club which apparently isn't possible without a modern badge. Not make much sense.

I am in a bit of a "knots". It seems to be a wholly misguided decision. History belongs in a museum. Not on a shirt.

Without history and tradition you're nothing, may as we'll gone into administration like so many other clubs. Our history is a source of great pride to many, what better reason to wear it on your chest and wear it with pride.

Edited by Jason Howe

People, particularly English men and Yorkshiremen, don't like change. They will oppose to any change there is and moan about it.

At least the only thing people can moan about is the badge because the football is chuffing brilliant.

Its not change that's the problem is the design.

Even if they had taken this knew one that Rolf Harris drew and smartened it up would help. Make it more graphic. Make the font actually legible. Put in 1867. Basically make it not look like something done by Jeremy aged 7 that Tony Hart would show in the gallery.

Without history and tradition you're nothing, may as we'll gone into administration like so many other clubs. Our history is a source of great pride to many, what better reason to wear it on your chest and wear it with pride.

Sounds like the poor, misguided Leeds folk holding onto their "history".  Frankly, i'd rather look forward

No it's weird to start posting one year after the takeover...why's that then

I live in SA mate, normally read the forum daily and mind my own business, but this is bothering me, and I believe I have the right to voice my opinion. The current crest is a staple, a proud, smart, aesthetically pleasing design which is, in my opinion, a class above.

Coming into a new era, it fits perfectly and is sleek and defining. That old school badge from the fifties is horrid. As I mentioned earlier, for a 150th celebration it's a fantastic gesture, but permanently it's an eyesore. Like I said, just my opinion.

You've still got people moaning about how the club aren't listening about ticket prices and when they do cheap tickets like the Brighton, Bolton and Leeds games, they still don't turn up lol

Absolutely, it's embarrassing

Its not change that's the problem is the design.

Even if they had taken this knew one that Rolf Harris drew and smartened it up would help. Make it more graphic. Make the font actually legible. Put in 1867. Basically make it not look like something done by Jeremy aged 7 that Tony Hart would show in the gallery.

The old (current) badge was a few lines in the vague outline of an owl. This one is a piece of art.

English men and Yorkshiremen?

Us Yorkshire men are a breed of our own  :biggrin:

All English people are known for moaning, but it is particularly true with Yorkshiremen

I live in SA mate, normally read the forum daily and mind my own business, but this is bothering me, and I believe I have the right to voice my opinion. The current crest is a staple, a proud, smart, aesthetically pleasing design which is, in my opinion, a class above.

Coming into a new era, it fits perfectly and is sleek and defining. That old school badge from the fifties is horrid. As I mentioned earlier, for a 150th celebration it's a fantastic gesture, but permanently it's an eyesore. Like I said, just my opinion.

The current badge is reflective of all the poo we've been through for the last 20 years...DC has shown that he wants our new era aligned with our heritage...so given that our 150th is close it's perfect...it's not as though we have to hijack any other cheapskate celebration is it?

Sounds like the poor, misguided Leeds folk holding onto their "history". Frankly, i'd rather look forward

Leeds didn't hold on to their history they let it go when they went into administration. Ours is very much intact.

You don't need to forget your history in order to look forward.

I agree with this fella.

Partly because I think he could well shoot me if I get up and go for a slash later toneet..

The current badge is reflective of all the poo we've been through for the last 20 years...DC has shown that he wants our new era aligned with our heritage...so given that our 150th is close it's perfect...it's not as though we have to hijack any other cheapskate celebration is it?

You make a fair point, but I'm not sold on the idea personally. Maybe I'm just too fond of the linear owl.The new one will take some getting used to.