Centre Half

I reckon we need a defensive midfield enforcer far more than we need a centre-half.

When Hutchinson is out, we lack someone in the centre of the park who can cover the defence and someone who can make us more solid in midfield.

A Guedioura/Jedinak/Diagouraga type in midfield to cover for and compete with Hutchinson would be a smart move.

After signing Hooper and Pudil up permanently, defensive midfield and wide midfield are the next areas we need to improve our options, in my opinion.

All this Loovens was great for us last season doesn't wash with me, last season is gone and we are improving dramatically.

If there is one person who hasn't moved toward its Loovens, I hold my breath and panic every time he gets the ball inside the first 20 minutes or so, granted after that he seems to settle down.

His leadership can be questioned too, he's not the type to shout and ball and tell players where they need to be, which is fine, it takes all types to captain. His way was to lead by example and it's very difficult to do that when your own game is at best shaky.

I can't wait for lees to get back and for the life of me can't believe Loovens got another deal.

All this Loovens was great for us last season doesn't wash with me, last season is gone and we are improving dramatically.

If there is one person who hasn't moved toward its Loovens, I hold my breath and panic every time he gets the ball inside the first 20 minutes or so, granted after that he seems to settle down.

His leadership can be questioned too, he's not the type to shout and ball and tell players where they need to be, which is fine, it takes all types to captain. His way was to lead by example and it's very difficult to do that when your own game is at best shaky.

I can't wait for lees to get back and for the life of me can't believe Loovens got another deal.

This ^^^ slow and very limited defender

Back 3 of Lees Hutch and Sasso with wingbacks...

I swear I mentioned this in the Hutch thread the other week.

This would work perfectly with the players we have.

Pace at the back.

Palmer and Helan (now Bennett) offer good cover and Lee, Bannan plus 1 other with FF linking up as No 10.

Pretty exciting. 

Pace at the back.

Palmer and Helan (now Bennett) offer good cover and Lee, Bannan plus 1 other with FF linking up as No 10.

Pretty exciting. 

It what we play already - you must have noticed that our full backs bomb on and Hutch collects the ball off the 2 centre backs and sits in. We set up 4-4-2 but it interchanges when we're in possession... 

Edited by ramone

Pace at the back.

Pretty exciting.

we conceded goals for fun with 4 at the back never mind 3

Have read/heard before that loovens is a class act off the pitch - a real professional and integral to the team spirit we've built up over the last couple of seasons.

Also think he is under rated as a player; has performed consistently for us since the day he joined. Clearly has his limitations (pace, tendency to switch off at the start of games when in possession), but is more than reliable and a great player to have in our squad.

No brainer for me that his contract was renewed. Don't imagine he is on mega money either so makes perfect sense.

Personally I think Loovens is good enough, as is Turner. Not so sure about Sasso. He was poor against Bolton but okay against Leeds. Hutchinson is brilliant at CB but he is missed in the midfield when missing, I feel we are vulnerable to being bullied with Lee & Bannan central as they are small & lighweight.

Guest Bournemouth Owl

Don't get the stick Loovens gets on here. He's a class act and he's our skipper. Oh, and he played a big part in breaking a club record last season for the most clean sheets recorded in a season. All of a sudden he's not good enough. What's up with people.

He is making quite a few mistakes that's why and in my opinion is starting to become a problem.