Guest Johnbloodaxe

A bit Bougherra like but stronger. and maybe a better defender , but can burst forward as Magic used to. is about the best analogy I can give.

Almost a new CP. 

Maybe.

A bit Bougherra like but stronger. and maybe a better defender , but can burst forward as Magic used to. is about the best analogy I can give.

Almost a new CP. 

Maybe.

He sounds exactly what we need right now

Almost a new CP. 

Maybe.

The crucial difference is both Bougherra and Palmer were real people.

He would get nowhere near the 1st team now, even if he was fit.

There's no way you can know that, from what I've seen he's as good if not better than Hutch at reading the game and making tackles but a better passer with the ball and less prone to idiot lunging fouls that put his health and the team at risk.

it's my opinion that if Melo was fit he'd have started against Bristol and the first few games of the season. Not saying he's better than Hutch, but I think the manager would have gone for him instead of Hutch.

He's deffo got a future here.

Assuming this is a fake Twitter account but it would be a big bonus to get Melo and Matias back in the squad soon

Filipe Melo Silva

35m35 minutes ago

Filipe Melo Silva ‏@melosilva33

Hello my friends, I am hopeful be fit around 5 days for the important games we have. Macro back train 2 days #swfc wawaw

The way I read that suggested that he hopes to be fit for 5days.

Melo is a holding midfielder, with precious little game time in England.

He would be behind both Hutch and Lopez if/when we play with a holding midfielder.

And he would be behind Lee and Bannan in a more attacking line-up.

He would be fighting for a place on the bench with Semedo, McGugan and Lopez (if attacking line-up is preferred).

Melo is a holding midfielder, with precious little game time in England.

He would be behind both Hutch and Lopez if/when we play with a holding midfielder.

And he would be behind Lee and Bannan in a more attacking line-up.

He would be fighting for a place on the bench with Semedo, McGugan and Lopez (if attacking line-up is preferred).

But Lopez wont be here next season.

McGugan & Semedo wont be here next season.

Melo will be here next season. 

I think we'll see a fair few new faces next season, irrespective of what division we are in.

If we are still in this division, maybe Mark Davies would be a possibility again?

We don't know if McGugan will still be here or not, but if the above 3 do leave - I would imagine that they would be replaced anyway.