Tennis lands back in the big apple

darra

2 minutes ago, scram said:

She was sitting her A levels (calm down prince andrew fans) only 3 months ago

The fact she is so grounded she actually bothered with doing school exams says so much about her and just what a great story it is

The old adage if the tennis career doesn't pan out she had to have some thing to.fall back on. A Levels in Maths and accounting I.think so the cash will get invested wisely I think.

3 minutes ago, scram said:

Looked like she was asking if she had to stop because of the blood - or should she just carry on?

To suggest she was using it as a strategy at that point of the match is pretty bizarre

You would probably know better Scram but I cant really think.of any sport maybe boxing that is stopped for treatment of a blood injury.

6 minutes ago, darra said:

You would probably know better Scram but I cant really think.of any sport maybe boxing that is stopped for treatment of a blood injury.

Doesn’t seem odd at all for a non team game. It’s not like at footy where the other 10 can just carry on. 

I can't get over the achievement here. She hasn't even won at a full WTA tour event yet. She's 18, missed most of the last couple of years because the satellite tours were not running and she's just won the US Open as a qualifier without dropping a set.

It's absolutely mind blowing.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, darra said:

I think just about every player in any sport who has blood has to stop

What an incredible achievement. A new dawn for women's tennis, these two could dominate for the next decade.

Think we know who is going to win the BBC Sports personality of the year.

1 hour ago, Adem Poric said:

I can't get over the achievement here. She hasn't even won at a full WTA tour event yet. She's 18, missed most of the last couple of years because the satellite tours were not running and she's just won the US Open as a qualifier without dropping a set.

It's absolutely mind blowing.

Agreed - mind blowing.

It’s f00kin brilliant , something for us to be proud of in this world of doom and gloom - watched history tonight and I’ve f00kin loved it 

• Love 1

Absolutely staggering achievement..bizarrely looked like one of the worlds best as well, she hasn't just been lucky.Incredible improvement. 

Also, find all the references on here and on social media to 'Sports Personality of the Year ' a bit weird..as if any athlete ...or non athlete..gives a throw about that award 😀

• Like 1

On 11/09/2021 at 21:09, Whitechapel Owl said:

Really don't like it when they make them do interviews beforehand.

What an utter nonsense that was.

For all the glitz and glamour in the USA the awarding of the trophy wasn’t a patch on Wimbledon.

11 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

The thought of Djokovic winning his 21st 🤮

Really can't be bothered to watch.

22 hours ago, scram said:

She was sitting her A levels (calm down prince andrew fans) only 3 months ago

The fact she is so grounded she actually bothered with doing school exams says so much about her and just what a great story it is

Shes hardly played any tennis during the pandemic because she / her family decided not to travel for tournaments. That makes it even more remarkable