Tennis lands back down under

darra

5 hours ago, darra said:

Where has he been honest? 

lol To be fair he was honest in admitting he broke Covid isolation rules and did public appearances when positive. Rightly booted out IMO.

I wonder if Djokovic will barred from entering and competing in other countries too. The Australian government are right he’s a health risk. 

If he's against the vaccine, then that's his choice. But he can't expect to be treated any differently to any other person just because he's a tennis player.

If there are entry rules, then the rules need to be followed. It's like moaning that you didn't get your lottery prize money when your numbers come up, but then saying you're against gambling and didn't buy a ticket. 

Australia have every right to deport him, not for his views or beliefs, but because they have set rules to try and keep it's people safe, and he has blatantly tried to get around them. 

"I'm not declaring my vaccination satus"

Well you're not coming in. 

"I had covid last month on this date, so I don't need to have the jab to come in"

So how come you were pictured at a public even when you should've been isolating, because you had this highly contagious and potentially deadly disease. 

Whichever way you look at it, the man's a ********. Trying to use his status as a public figure to get round rules. If he wants to defend his title so much, get the jab or provide actual evidence that you are medically exempt from it. If he'd done either of them, none of this would be happening, as proven by the rest of the players who have been allowed in to the country to play.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Essix Blue said:

I agree he should be kicked out. 

But announcing it at 5pm on a Friday? After 4 days thinking about it?? 

The other option is to let him play until final and then send him home if he gets two sets up since it's too late for him to get toxicated now.

Edited by belgrade_owl
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, belgrade_owl said:

The other option is to let him play until final and then send him home if he gets two sets up since it's too late for him now to get toxicated now.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

lol To be fair he was honest in admitting he broke Covid isolation rules and did public appearances when positive. Rightly booted out IMO.

I wonder if Djokovic will barred from entering and competing in other countries too. The Australian government are right he’s a health risk. 

France already said they will not cause him any problems, and as I can see UK hasn't changed rules about traveling at all. He will be good to play French Open and Wimbledon.

I don't get it, why UK doesn't accept EU covid certificate? Even fully vaccinated must isolate and take tests.

Everyone are so occupied with Novak, so they forgot to test player with symptoms and allow him on court? 🤣

What a farce this is turning out to be. First player has to forfeit match because of trouble breathing and now this... Ironic thing is that this will all go under carpet once they boot Djokovic, a "real" danger for Australian health system 🤣

1 hour ago, belgrade_owl said:

Everyone are so occupied with Novak, so they forgot to test player with symptoms and allow him on court? 🤣

What a farce this is turning out to be. First player has to forfeit match because of trouble breathing and now this... Ironic thing is that this will all go under carpet once they boot Djokovic, a "real" danger for Australian health system 🤣

Agree every player should be doing PCR tests. All other sports in Australia manage to do it.

Also completely irrelevant to vaccination status and doesn’t change the level of risk of anti-vax dumbarses like Djokovic. As unvaccinated people are more likely to contract and spread the disease.

• Like 1

So now they say that Novak had VALID medical exemption to enter Australia. Makes you wonder why did they cancel his visa in the first place then?

No one would complain if AO or Australia government told him 2 weeks ago not to bother flying across the world. I guess it makes bigger statement, or maybe it gets more political points when you humiliate someone like this.

35 minutes ago, belgrade_owl said:

So now they say that Novak had VALID medical exemption to enter Australia. Makes you wonder why did they cancel his visa in the first place then?

No one would complain if AO or Australia government told him 2 weeks ago not to bother flying across the world. I guess it makes bigger statement, or maybe it gets more political points when you humiliate someone like this.

Do you have a direct source about saying he had a valid medical exemption to enter the country? I’ve tried looking and I’ve seen it mentioned, but no direct quote attributed to anyone. Just wondering if that has actually been said or people jumping to that conclusion because it’s not the reason why he had his visa cancelled this time.

What I see he has very little chance of winning. He has admitted to breaking the rules in Serbia which is basically enough for them to argue he may do the same here.

• Like 1

As I've mentioned previous from what has been stated previously by the Australian Government and the information I can find is that a previous Covid diagnosis isn't considered a valid reason for a medical exemption. What I do wonder is that if they argue about his medical exemption is that the court may find in Djokovic's favour based on medical advice and find this restriction as unreasonable thus forcing them to remove this rule completely.

8 hours ago, R-Sole14 said:

As I've mentioned previous from what has been stated previously by the Australian Government and the information I can find is that a previous Covid diagnosis isn't considered a valid reason for a medical exemption. What I do wonder is that if they argue about his medical exemption is that the court may find in Djokovic's favour based on medical advice and find this restriction as unreasonable thus forcing them to remove this rule completely.

What about him lying about his movements? Wasn’t that on his visa application?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Essix Blue said:

Spain isn't high risk, he travels a lot, I think we can forgive that.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Essix Blue said:

Just been talking to my wife about this. From what we remember from filling in our visa forms they have to be filled in by the applicant. He has admitted that his agent filled his in. It also says that filling in the application incorrectly may result in a refusal of a visa. Again he has admitted that mistakes were made. 

It's around 3 years since we filled in the applications but that's as we remember it and if true, grounds to refuse him entry vaccinated or not?

1 minute ago, darra said:

Just been talking to my wife about this. From what we remember from filling in our visa forms they have to be filled in by the applicant. He has admitted that his agent filled his in. It also says that filling in the application incorrectly may result in a refusal of a visa. Again he has admitted that mistakes were made. 

It's around 3 years since we filled in the applications but that's as we remember it and if true, grounds to refuse him entry vaccinated or not?

Really? Over here we even had agencies that will help you and fill visa application forms for you as some of that application can be bit confusing to people who don't understand/speak English very well. They would also provide advice what paperwork applicant needs.

Besides isn't it all digital now?

33 minutes ago, belgrade_owl said:

Really? Over here we even had agencies that will help you and fill visa application forms for you as some of that application can be bit confusing to people who don't understand/speak English very well. They would also provide advice what paperwork applicant needs.

Besides isn't it all digital now?

It is done online yes it also has declarations that ask if you have filled in the application yourself or has someone done it for you. He's said his agent filled it in for him. It's unclear whether he's declared that. It also asks, is the information supplied correct, a standard question on forms like this. He has admitted that mistakes were made on the form. The forms may have changed in three years I don't know? If not they were filled in incorrectly. It's not the like with us, the first time they've filled visa applications in.

Has he sacked his agent yet by the way?

50 minutes ago, darra said:

It is done online yes it also has declarations that ask if you have filled in the application yourself or has someone done it for you. He's said his agent filled it in for him. It's unclear whether he's declared that. It also asks, is the information supplied correct, a standard question on forms like this. He has admitted that mistakes were made on the form. The forms may have changed in three years I don't know? If not they were filled in incorrectly. It's not the like with us, the first time they've filled visa applications in.

Has he sacked his agent yet by the way?

Not that I know.

I'm hoping that his wife is one of responsible for all this mess.

There is a difference between visas and entry travel declarations.

I would assume his agent does and should take care of his visas. How he obtained his visa has never been in question. His agent shouldn’t be filling in his travel declaration, which he has admitted has happened. Djokovic is still responsible for the information and is responsible for any consequence for a false declaration. On its own, for someone who clearly does lots of travelling, missing a low risk country I don’t see being seen as a reason to refuse entry/deport. That’s not to say this won’t be used against him in this dispute.

• Thanks 1