Hutchinson ...

Hardly dare say this but thought our midfield looked as good if not better with Bannan central with Lee and FF out L. Hutchinson looked really good at CB - more composed, quicker, stronger and better distribution than Sasso Felt much more confident with Hutch there....hey ho WTF do I know

well I agree with you

Said this yesterday. Hutch centre half FF on left Bannan in middle and would have gone Nuhiu( whisper it) and Hooper up top. But that's why CC is paid thousands.

This for me too.

Hutch better than Sasso.

Bannan better central than wide.

Fessi better left than up front.

Nuhiu and Hooper works well.

But we won. CC I bow to thee.

This for me too.

Hutch better than Sasso.

Bannan better central than wide.

Fessi better left than up front.

Nuhiu and Hooper works well.

But we won. CC I bow to thee.

If we only have the players we had on Saturday, then I'd agree with this

Fantastic player but should be played centre half, the team looks so more well balanced when he is there, so assured on the ball

Yes he certainly looks the part there, the only problem is, he plays exactly the same role as Tom Lees When he's back we'll have a dilemma, as I think they are too similar to play together. Anyway, Lees and Loovens is a very good partnership

Him playing that holding role allows us to play more attacking.

He drops in bertween the two centre backs when we have the ball, and this allows pudil and hunt to push right up and get involved with the attack. Turns a 442 into a 334.

He was as important as bannan for getting a contract extension imo. He's come on so much this season with his performances and obviously staying fit.

Him playing that holding role allows us to play more attacking.

He drops in bertween the two centre backs when we have the ball, gallery_28113_246_15582.pngand this allows pudil and hunt to push right up and get involved with the attack. Turns a 442 into a 334.

He was as important as bannan for getting a contract extension imo. He's come on so much this season with his performances and obviously staying fit.

Agree.

Gives us a tactical versatility 

Edited by DEH9

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

Fantastic player, shows why Chelsea, a team who had many stars on their books kept giving him contracts despite his injury problems. If it wasn't for the injuries he wouldn't be here.

Playing means everything to him, he knows he's lucky to still be a footballer and with us showing faith in him he wants to give it back to the club. Loves it here and we love him.

CB at heart, but this is good for us, cos he can slot in when needed. 

I totally disagree with those that say Hutchinson is better at centre-half than in midfield. His tough tackling in midfield sets the tempo. Hutchinson playing the anchor man role allows Bannan the freedom to get forward. Against Bolton, Bannan spent too much time sat in between Loovens and Sasso. Against Leeds, Bannan spent more time upfield orchestrating things.

I totally disagree with those that say Hutchinson is better at centre-half than in midfield. His tough tackling in midfield sets the tempo. Hutchinson playing the anchor man role allows Bannan the freedom to get forward. Against Bolton, Bannan spent too much time sat in between Loovens and Sasso. Against Leeds, Bannan spent more time upfield orchestrating things.

Inclined to agree with this. That said his ability to excel in both positions emphasises his value to us. That and his attitude and warrior spirit.

He's our second best CB, and when he's on the back line, we can play a very fluid midfield of Lee/Wallace/FF/Bazza...that said, him in a DM role opens up so many options going forward and I think that's his best role. Pure class either way and absolutely PL quality.

And his bookings are generally hilarious. 

Statement on the club website.

"Under 18s will not be allowed in against Burnley until the 30th minute. Hutchinson against Barton is considered unsuitable for youngsters. However, the club are certain that this will be rectified, one way or another, by the 30th minute,"

He might be a better centre half, but in think in terms of what he offers the team he is better as an anchor man in midfield, and no one else can play that role him. Unless melo can, but we won't ever find that out now I doubt. Plus we have more than capabable centre backs when fit.

Cattermole gets crazy amounts of stick from opposing fans (I've seen Wednesday players abuse him) but his yellows/reds are exactly the same kind that Hutch gets for us! Not that it's really relevant just something that sprung to mind :) What's the record in the Championship for yellows in one season? I know it's 14 in the Prem, Hutch is on 12 now right? 3 more and it's a 3 game ban I believe?