Guest Kameron

It's an appalling attendance for where we are, the club is compensated for live games so there was no reason for this game to be priced as it was. I don't see the pricing changing so this will continue, season ticket sales are not braking any records either considering how relatively cheap they are, as things stand we'll have the usual 14,000 ST holders.  DC needs to rethink his pricing policy especially whilst we remain in the championship, supporters are not prepared to pay almost premiership prices for second division football.

Ahh right you take the MASSIVE thing seriously?...fair enough...but that wasn't the question was it...You call bulls *t on Wednesday selling out at home in the Prem...when we have already sold out against Wycombe in the 3rd  tier and Arsenal in the league cup...

No I don't take the MASSIVE thing 'seriously' but it is the light-hearted manifestation of a notion that we are a pre-packaged sleeping giant being delivered in a crate to Hillsborough. That the club, the squad and the fans will arrive back in the Premier League in a similar guise to when we left with large attendances taken for granted.

Upon promotion we will be the new boys, watched by many rival and neutral fans who wouldn't associate us with top-flight football. Just as, in the early 90's, I was unaware of the potential and history of clubs such as Newcastle, Birmingham and Swansea. It will be tough and like it or not a lot of our games will be early, late and on different days. So if you see these as legitimate excuses, then say we will fill the ground then you need to decide whether its an arguement for or against low attendances.

Bit crass to suggest that I was suggesting we wouldn't fill the ground for any one game when it's obvious that under the circumstances we can, the Norwich game of 5 years ago tells you we can. But just like people think we 'filled' the ground 25 years ago its interesting that our average attendances were hovering around the 29k mark.

In fairness I wouldn't be attending a single game on a Sunday. Not only will it be a Sunday, it will be on TV.

I would probably attend most our Saturday games, but thinking about it they will be against Sunderland or Norwich or something.

Jesus - I can't see me going again any time soon. I'm sure when we start in the PL I'll go a lot but when the novelty wore off if probably stop.

No I don't take the MASSIVE thing 'seriously' but it is the light-hearted manifestation of a notion that we are a pre-packaged sleeping giant being delivered in a crate to Hillsborough. That the club, the squad and the fans will arrive back in the Premier League in a similar guise to when we left with large attendances taken for granted.

Upon promotion we will be the new boys, watched by many rival and neutral fans who wouldn't associate us with top-flight football. Just as, in the early 90's, I was unaware of the potential and history of clubs such as Newcastle, Birmingham and Swansea. It will be tough and like it or not a lot of our games will be early, late and on different days. So if you see these as legitimate excuses, then say we will fill the ground then you need to decide whether its an arguement for or against low attendances.

Bit crass to suggest that I was suggesting we wouldn't fill the ground for any one game when it's obvious that under the circumstances we can, the Norwich game of 5 years ago tells you we can. But just like people think we 'filled' the ground 25 years ago its interesting that our average attendances were hovering around the 29k mark.

"but the next time a 'fan' tells me that we'd fill the ground upon promotion - I'm simply gonna call bullshit."

Yea well that says different..

25 years ago

..Southampton in the first tier ...17000

Norwich...16000

WEst Ham 20'000

Sunderland..about the same as us NOW...top tier

Spurs..26000

You can go on and on..Its a totally different ball game now..

Southampton and Norwich..crowds doulbled nearly

Sunderland..virtually doubled..

Its not the same animal mate

25 years ago its interesting that our average attendances were hovering around the 29k mark.

Agreed, but football is a very different beast these days. The Premier league is both front and back page news these days.

I think there's a far wider interest in football (the top flight anyway) than there was in my formative years.

We're all speculating as we won't know until we get there.But it will be interesting to find out.

I'll throw my hat in the ring and say I think we'll see our highest averages in my life time.

In fairness I wouldn't be attending a single game on a Sunday. Not only will it be a Sunday, it will be on TV.

I would probably attend most our Saturday games, but thinking about it they will be against Sunderland or Norwich or something.

Jesus - I can't see me going again any time soon. I'm sure when we start in the PL I'll go a lot but when the novelty wore off if probably stop.

Why do you bother going in the first place?

The home game against Derby earlier in the season was the most entertaining 0-0 I have witnessed.

I can remember when we came from 0-2 down against Reading and won 3-2 aith an Allan Johnston wonder strike.

Who we play and the circumstances shouldn't always dictate the game we attend.

"but the next time a 'fan' tells me that we'd fill the ground upon promotion - I'm simply gonna call bullshit."

Yea well that says different..

25 years ago

..Southampton in the first tier ...17000

Norwich...16000

WEst Ham 20'000

Sunderland..about the same as us NOW...top tier

Spurs..26000

You can go on and on..Its a totally different ball game now..

Southampton and Norwich..crowds doulbled nearly

Sunderland..virtually doubled..

Its not the same animal mate

Thats because they bought into the investment and growth the football clubs promised.

I didn't go, but my brother went to Newcastle in 91, he stood up and there were about 17,000 there. He loves telling that story.

The fans bought into the ethos the board were presenting. Newcastle built a new stand and demolished it 4 years later to make way for the ground they have now.

Southampton moved from The Dell as did many clubs such as Sunderland and Stoke.

We are going through a similar transition but for some reason the fans aren't buying it.

The home game against Derby earlier in the season was the most entertaining 0-0 I have witnessed.

I can remember when we came from 0-2 down against Reading and won 3-2 aith an Allan Johnston wonder strike.

Absolute tat..Course it does...

Arsenal at home..or..

Ohh maybe Blackburn..just in case "Summatt" happens?

Do give over.......

Thats because they bought into the investment and growth the football clubs promised.

I didn't go, but my brother went to Newcastle in 91, he stood up and there were about 17,000 there. He loves telling that story.

The fans bought into the ethos the board were presenting. Newcastle built a new stand and demolished it 4 years later to make way for the ground they have now.

Southampton moved from The Dell as did many clubs such as Sunderland and Stoke.

We are going through a similar transition but for some reason the fans aren't buying it.

Chelsea Spurs West Ham/..?

You got a different argument for all of 'em?

I go for the occasion on big games, if we have a promo decider I'll no doubt do anything to be their.

Other that just to see the game.

I'm actually eyeing up the match onwards fixtures atm and setting aside budget to do them properly.

My point was though, at home to Man U on a Sunday, where we'll probably not win, on tv for 50-60 quid a ticket. Can see myself going to the pub tbh.

I'm playing it by ear, a PO campaign and the momentum, even if we don't go up will have me going most of the following season.

Everton 25 years ago?

WEst brom..crowds double?..New ground?...Better pies?

Everton have not been a club in transition for many, many years. They are exempt from my example.

Only now are Villa experiencing a flux in both success and ambitions, will be interesting to see how they fair.

Man City average 28,000 in the third tier before promotion back to the Premier League - after which they moved grounds and are now extending further.

The fans were on board, ready for the ride.

Im usually pretty spot on for getting attendance correct but iv been miles out with Bolton and Leeds. Looked more than 24k for leeds

think we gave loads of free tickets to those sat in the south, towards the kop. Not sure freebies count do they?

Everton have not been a club in transition for many, many years. They are exempt from my example.

Only now are Villa experiencing a flux in both success and ambitions, will be interesting to see how they fair.

Man City average 28,000 in the third tier before promotion back to the Premier League - after which they moved grounds and are now extending further.

The fans were on board, ready for the ride.

Everton are exempt cos they don't suit yer argument mate..Thats why you ignore West Ham , Spurs ,West Brom etc...

The actual facts are...Football crowds are up in the Premiership, even for unfashionable clubs.

Its the marketing, its the whole package thats changed enormously since Wednesday were there..

Thought it was one of the best atmospheres for a league game all season actually, and we managed to outsing the Leeds fans for decent spells

Thought the kop was poor. To be fair to the lads at the back they tried but were drowned out by the band just as the songs were getting going on most occasions.

Everton are exempt cos they don't suit yer argument mate..Thats why you ignore West Ham , Spurs ,West Brom etc...

The actual facts are...Football crowds are up in the Premiership, even for unfashionable clubs.

Its the marketing, its the whole package thats changed enormously since Wednesday were there..

How can I use Everton as an example when they have sustained top-flight footbal for the entire duration of my life? Fans in their 40's and 50's know little to nothing about life as a fan in any other way.

Birmingham, Wolves, West Brom, Newcastle, Sunderland, Middlesbrough and Leicester have seen growth and sustainability of their fan-bases - not just as a result of Premier League football.

First game of season in Premier League, no matter who against or what time of day we will top 30,000.

But I'm looking at the big picture. Long term - not just a novelty one season in Prem.

I'm looking at European standard and cup runs.

How can I use Everton as an example when they have sustained top-flight footbal for the entire duration of my life? Fans in their 40's and 50's know little to nothing about life as a fan in any other way.

Birmingham, Wolves, West Brom, Newcastle, Sunderland, Middlesbrough and Leicester have seen growth and sustainability of their fan-bases - not just as a result of Premier League football.

First game of season in Premier League, no matter who against or what time of day we will top 30,000.

But I'm looking at the big picture. Long term - not just a novelty one season in Prem.

I'm looking at European standard and cup runs.

So we would probably do the same..visiting the Premiership..Cos all the clubs you quote have popped in recently..Haven't they?