Hooper - the talks are over. Welcome back to SWFC

I could see Wickham been on at least 50k.......9 million transfer fee after all. Bet bamford isn't on big bucks though

There are teenagers in the development squad at Chelsea on 1 million plus a year contracts but you don't think Bamford will be earning big money ? I tend to disagree with that.

Id rather have Hooper than Rhodes, imo he suits our style of play more than what JR would.

We would also save about 12 million big uns.

Wouldn't have agreed with you five or six matches ago, but I do now.

I did wonder if he had lost the goal scoring ability he once had, or whether Scunny and the SPL to the Championship was a bigger leap than he was capable of. But wrong, he clearly still has it, and some.

Game after game now he is getting great chances. It is no coincidence that all the chances "fall" to Hooper rather than whoever is playing alongside him. His timing of runs and his eye for an oportunity are amazing.

Culminating in the Bolton match. 6 chances, 2 goals, one very well saved by the keeper, and on top of that he played two "key passes".

I was never a "send him back". I was more a "hope he turns it round". He has. He is A top quality goalscorer. Got to sign.

Been more and more impressed with him as he's been playing more games, not just his goal scoring but his link up play and movement off the ball is fantastic. If we keep creating him 5 chances a match like the last couple he'll score loads!

Edited by jonnyowl

Why not just get him for the rest of the season on loan so we have him, then whilst he's already here and behind closed doors get a permanent deal sorted

I think that would be the preferred option but I can't see Norwich agreeing. I think they want to sell him before the end of the window?

Edited by Great Big Galaa

For £35k a week we could probably get both Wickham and Bamford on loan to the end of the season, now thatwould be exciting !

Haha wickham who palace invested heavily on in the summer and is probably on about 40-50k a week alone. I'd be surprised if Bamfords not on about 10-15k either down at Chelsea.

Why not just get him for the rest of the season on loan so we have him, then whilst he's already here and behind closed doors get a permanent deal sorted

Not sure why this is the best option - he has rest of this season and one more after. If he does really well til the end of the season someone is likely to swoop in and get him from under our noses. If he is for sale now, get him now.

Haha wickham who palace invested heavily on in the summer and is probably on about 40-50k a week alone. I'd be surprised if Bamfords not on about 10-15k either down at Chelsea.

Bamford could be on more, some of the Chelsea youngsters are in north of 30k a week. Nathaniel Chalobah rumoured to be on 50-60k a week! Where's the motivation to break into the first team when you're earning that!

I made my comment a little tongue in cheek to show that there are other options but do you really think clubs pay the full wagers when they get players on loan ? I always thought that the idea of a loan was that you got the player cheaper as his home club still paid part of his wages...

Given your estimates if we went 50 / 50 it's on !

lol

Not sure why this is the best option - he has rest of this season and one more after. If he does really well til the end of the season someone is likely to swoop in and get him from under our noses. If he is for sale now, get him now.

^^^^^ This 100%.

Extending loans and trying to get them on the cheap at the end of it (only to lose them to someone else!) was the old Wednesday way...hopefully we've moved on from this.