Bolton report us

Not really sure what they've got to complain about. We allegedly asked them not to risk a player that we're in talks with.

Exactly.  So many things could happen.  The chances of a professional footballer getting injured must be quite high.  What if he would have injured one of our players?  that would have been  a good foot to have started on.  Also, what if he would have scored an own goal or unintentionally appeared to have contrived to give us an advantage.  Requesting that Davies didn't play is absolutely correct. 

Edited by shandypants

I can't remember the exact deal but didn't we get a little bit screwed over by Bolton over the Hayden White transfer?

If anyone can remember the detail, I'd appreciate them posting.

I was a bit disgusted with us before I remembered Dougie Freedman had poached Hayden White, whereupon I logged onto Owlstalk ready for a proper rant! Glad to see you remember too TrickyTrev. I can't look at or hear DF's voice now without my blood starting to boil.

We were skint and loaning right backs for some reason instead of using our own players in that position when talk about Hayden White being our next big prospect started. Apparently Man U and a couple of others were sniffing around and we were in talks with the lad, but allegedly Bolton had already turned his head with DF making promises about first team football and so on and we ended up having to go to a tribnual which decided that we would get a measly £100K for him.

If we were going to mess anybody about for a player I am glad it was Bolton and I am glad that they have agreed to settle his existing contract as part of the deal. If people were queuing up to buy Mavies we wouldn't be able to do this, but with him available on a free in the summer after the January window closes and having a long history of under-performing and injury problems, I would only want to see him at Hillsborough if he has bucked his ideas up and is ready to contribute all he can to our cause, rather than the other way around. 

I can't remember the exact deal but didn't we get a little bit screwed over by Bolton over the Hayden White transfer?

If anyone can remember the detail, I'd appreciate them posting.

This

My theory is that Bolton had reported us for not displaying their badge properly on our scoreboard. The blue of their name above the red banner was illegible on our blue background, because we did not use the correct "white" background of their badge.

I heard a fresh rumour that this was a big hint towards the fact that they fiddled us over Hayden "White", with Liam Palmer told, when he was put on as sub (you can clearly see CC & Bullen pointing towards the scoreboard and Bully possibly mouthing the words), "hit it if you can Liam laddie",  to draw attention to the badge snub!

So more fool them. They have been made to pay in the end. I would have rubbed their noses in it by asking if we could have Hayden back for another £100K, to relieve their wage bill even further.

I thought Davies was carrying an injury? If tis is the case, why should Wed not want him to play, other than to keep him fit?

Did Bolton want to field an unfit player?

Yes they wanted him to score for them and while celebrating the goal, reveal a shirt with the words,

"I AM FOR SALE,

I AM FIT AND WORTH

EVERY PENNY"

I don't see what there is to report...Wednesday pull out of deal on regarding a medical?..Wednesday can pull out of the deal whenever they want can't they?

nowt signed....I mean you can just stand up and say f.ook off can't you?

Mind you , you have to feel sorry for the agent ...Reight.........