Gary Hooper and other things

Scored 2, one of the worst players on the pitch, should have had 5,wednesday played naive when in front, Wellington silva (who, exactly) best player on pitch, worth a punt whoever he is. Madine scored without trying to score. All in all, a win is a win, skin of teeth or not

Back handed, indeed

I am not that impressed with Hooper, he misses very easy chances, I don't think that is a great attribute for a striker.

Feck me. Rooney misses lots of chances would u not have him?

He's on 300k a week as well. Imagine been paid all that and miss sitters.

Dear oh dear.

Have a look at thi sen

Hooper has missed some fairly easy chances but you have to be there to miss

Hes getting in position and when you do that you will score.......and miss........if youre not there you cant miss......but you cant score either

The greatest strikers in the world miss chances

Great to find that we have at last got someone who knows what successful football is about. It's all well and good playing the fanciful football we see from everywhere these days, but most people have forgotten that football is still a very BASIC game - you hit the back of the net legally, more often than your opponents. That is the one thing that football is about.

For many years now, Wed. have created chances, but not taken them. If a ball is scuffled over the line, it counts just as much as if a player picks the ball up in his own half, beats 6 or 7 defenders, and scores with a screaming 50 yard shot.

Hooper can do both if necessary. I must admit that, after a couple of games, I was far from impressed, but he has obviously taken time to fit into Carlos' way of playing football, and have been converted. I don't expect him to score every time, or even every match. I don't expect him to score with every chance - none f the great footballers of the past has done that. Don' expect his conversion rate to be 100%, so long as it is high.   

Hooper has missed some fairly easy chances but you have to be there to miss

Hes getting in position and when you do that you will score.......and miss........if youre not there you cant miss......but you cant score either

The greatest strikers in the world miss chances

Exactly

Anybody see Aguero do that air shot yesterday. He's rubbish isn't he. Hooper has got one goal every two matches and five in three, that my friends is about as good a return as your likely to see. A few months ago some were winging about Nuhiu and his scoring record just remember that.

Guest hoofball

Just goes to show what a wee pipe head the original poster is....best striker club had on 20 yrs

that says more about us than it does about Gary Hooper being a good striker.

18 games to go (plus cup, play offs and Wembley) and Gary has 7 goals.

It is JUST conceivable that he may get to that 20 goals.

But equally he will have a quiet spell. He, every other striker, will go several games without a goal. When he does we need to stay supportive.