Gary Hooper and other things

On the subject of goal celebrations, Fessi clamping his head on his hands at Wallace's goal and then the latter repaying the compliment to the former we might be onto something similar to Mo Farah's famous routine.

Except it looks more like a WTFbot  :laugh:  Which everybody could do, including the crowd for every goal scored from outside the box.

Just a thought.............

Given that Wallace tried a similar long range effort to Fulham away just before FF scored I wonder if the two are having a private competition for the most spectacular strike of the season?

Gary lineker used to say when he was playing he was happy with converting 1 in 6 chances and he was one of the best England have had. So hoops taking 2 from 5 I'll take plus at least he's getting into the positions to miss them (unlike another forward we have have who's name I daren't mention for fear of receiving a tirade of abuse for daring to question).

Gary lineker used to say when he was playing he was happy with converting 1 in 6 chances and he was one of the best England have had. So hoops taking 2 from 5 I'll take plus at least he's getting into the positions to miss them (unlike another forward we have have who's name I daren't mention for fear of receiving a tirade of abuse for daring to question).

Do you mean NUHIU???

i thought Nuhiu contributed quite a lot and dragged people away giving  hooper the space to be able to do those misses

2 goals and an assist for the other isnt bad going plus many other chances and his link up play was spot on

Remember watching him play for celtic and never in a million years thought he would play for us but since going to norwich hes underrated they dont like him for some reason and i just think he has more potential to come but they want it right now instead of helping him

Edited by stocksyuto

Guest Bournemouth Owl

I am not that impressed with Hooper, he misses very easy chances, I don't think that is a great attribute for a striker.

I am not that impressed with Hooper, he misses very easy chances, I don't think that is a great attribute for a striker.

You do realise that there isn't a striker in the world who scores every chance he gets? On Tuesday night he had about 5 good chances, and put away 2. I'd be delighted with that on a regular basis.

I really do wonder what our fans expect sometimes.

It's blatantly obvious that now GH is up to speed fitness wise, he'll score for fun in this league. Yet some fans are turning their nose at at him. Astonishing.

Madine was very good. Silva was too and TRotter bossed the midfield.

They played well we didn't but we got the result.

Hooper shows glimpses but for me still hasn't done enough to earn a perm move.

Dwight Gayle has today been made available for a move... I would break the bank to get him.

Hooper showed glimpses? he scored 2 goals what more do you want and you would break the bank for gayle have you actually seen his record or compared it with Hoopers, what has gayle actually done at palace

You do realise that there isn't a striker in the world who scores every chance he gets? On Tuesday night he had about 5 good chances, and put away 2. I'd be delighted with that on a regular basis.

I really do wonder what our fans expect sometimes.

It's blatantly obvious that now GH is up to speed fitness wise, he'll score for fun in this league. Yet some fans are turning their nose at at him. Astonishing.

You couldn't make it up.

We had Gary Taylor Fletcher and Mama f*****g Sidibe a few seasons ago. Yet Hopper isn't good enough.

can I nominate this for owlstalk comment of the year please

I Cant wait to unearth one of those strikers that scores every chance instead of the very wasteful 2 out of 5 chances

You couldn't make it up.

We had Gary Taylor Fletcher and Mama f*****g Sidibe a few seasons ago. Yet Hopper isn't good enough.

Tell me about it, it beggars belief at times it really does.

If we have an opportunity to sign GH we'd be absolutely crazy to turn it down.

Our options if Hoops goes are not great.

Fessi Nuhiu

Fessi Joao

Then who wide left? Helan? Or send Barry wide again, with Lopez and Lee middle.

Or

Nuhiu Joao

Leaving Fessi where he has been superb.

Fills me full of dread.

People can throw Matias into it, but he is guesswork, and it didnt work too well early season.

Our current front six is totally proven to work.

Hope we sign him.

not so long ago we were getting chances galore in games and missing the bleeding lot ,yet when someone scores two in 5 chances in one game it' isn't enough,  the mind boggles on that one tbh 

Hooper is a great addition and the goals are coming