Gary Hooper and other things

Bolton were poo poo. Only thing that got them on top for spells was that their midfield completely dwarfed ours. We got out battled a lot.

But quality showed. I thought Hooper had a good game. The good thing with him is that he keeps getting into the right positions & we have the players that are finding him. He had 5 chances tonight and scored two. That'll do him the world of good confidence wise too.

I'd extend his loan. He'll get 10+ by the end of the season.

just saying i thought the bolton players played above their norm, and ours were a bit below par but who cares we won

I agree, but just because their bottom and we're better then we're used to.doesnt mean they will roll over.

Were we dominante? Not really, were we better still better then them? Yes. Take the points and move on

Hooper is a goal scorer and he did 2 goals tonight , another night he could have had 4 . 

He is exactly what we have been looking for, mind you only about 15 years ,

now we have got a goal scorer who can win you games when we play cack he apparently is not good enough  lol

Sign him up pronto that second goal was pure class . once he gets going he will demolish this league .

Scored 2, one of the worst players on the pitch, should have had 5,wednesday played naive when in front, Wellington silva (who, exactly) best player on pitch, worth a punt whoever he is. Madine scored without trying to score. All in all, a win is a win, skin of teeth or not

Couldn't disagree with you more.

Why did our other strikers not miss golden chances tonight? Answer - cos they didnt make the clever runs to get into those positions in the first place.

Hooper sees the game. He makes runs so that Fessi, Wallace and Bannan can set him up.

He is a natural striker. How many Championship strikers do you think will have had 5 great chances this evening? When was the last game you saw Joao get 5 great chances, or Adthe?

Did I curse when he missed the 3 great chances? God yes. But he kept doing what he does best. Perfect timing and position for the first, and sublime ability and finishing for the second.

Its a cliché used by pundits all the time. Dont worry about a striker missing chances. Worry about one who isnt getting chances.

Simply massive loss if he goes after this weekend. Sign him up.

Couldn't disagree with you more.

Why did our other strikers not miss golden chances tonight? Answer - cos they didnt make the clever runs to get into those positions in the first place.

Hooper sees the game. He makes runs so that Fessi, Wallace and Bannan can set him up.

He is a natural striker. How many Championship strikers do you think will have had 5 great chances this evening? When was the last game you saw Joao get 5 great chances, or Adthe?

Did I curse when he missed the 3 great chances? God yes. But he kept doing what he does best. Perfect timing and position for the first, and sublime ability and finishing for the second.

Its a cliché used by pundits all the time. Dont worry about a striker missing chances. Worry about one who isnt getting chances.

Simply massive loss if he goes after this weekend. Sign him up.

We were playing Bolton, the worst team in the league, they've 3 points away from home this season, we were playing them at home. Not defending or knocking anyone but this is the rationale to your argument. If playing a better team would have been a different story. Still, 3 points, uto.

We were playing Bolton, the worst team in the league, they've 3 points away from home this season, we were playing them at home. Not defending or knocking anyone but this is the rationale to your argument. If playing a better team would have been a different story. Still, 3 points, uto.

But we didnt play someone else. And when joao came on, hooper was still getting into better positions and scored.

Aguero, one of the best in the world has a conversion rate of 35% or so. So 2 from 5 is actually a good rate. Should he have scored more? Yes, but he got in better positions, finished his hardest chance and is improving every game

So, right, we scored one absolute belter, one lovely team goal and then one due to sharp play in the box, miss a bunch of other chances and we're criticising one of the forwards? We're playing with our fourth-and-fifth best centre halves, that might have something to do with it.

Didn't mean to his goal tally, more that we'd have got punished by his lack of finishing and beat by a better team. Still football is a game of opinions isn't it?

It was our inability to defend that nearly cost us the points.

3 goals should be enough to win 90% of games.

Was he at his best? No

But he was still a standout player. Made us tick

wouldn't be hard to standout tonight fudge   he is the driving force usually i counted 3 bad passes in a few minutes  so so unlike him inc one hospital ball to loovens