Has anyone bought a season ticket online?

Its called business pal

get in the real world

The real World where if you don't like paying £240 (family of 4) you can simply "get t'Lane" instead, because that's how football allegiances work in the real World?

Literally Tesco & Virgin are doing credit cards with 0% on cash advances over 24months so just get one of those and do it that way as you have 24months to pay for a 36month season ticket then.

In fairness by the time you have paid it off you will still have a season and half of football to watch.

Yes this is the best option, it's just a shame there's the additional hassle of having to apply and wait for a new credit card, and then go in person to the shop to be able to buy.

It's hardly the club making things easy.

It is a complete farce renewing St's this year.

If the club allowed Credit Card payment's over the OS like every other season, then 2 lots of 3 year ST's for the North would have been purchased.

If I want to buy 2 lots of 3 year St's now, I have to walk to the shop with over 3k in my pocket, or mess about trying to transfer money from this account to the other, and then hoping that a large debit card transaction goes through (Securesafe dealings might prevent this).

Not accepting Credit Card payment's puts all the risk purely on the supporter. If the club went bust in year 1, 2 or 3, the supporter would be covered via their credit card company, where as paying by cash or debit card means you have lost the lot.

Why bring out a new fandangled 321 offer, then allow only 4 weeks for supporters to buy, and make it as hard as possible to pay for it?

Pretty sure its because of the guarantees from the club to credit card companies. If someone defaults on their CC repayments, then the CC companies want to be able to reclaim the asset, or in the very least, cancel the season ticket. The club won't accept this demand from them.

Pretty sure its because of the guarantees from the club to credit card companies. If someone defaults on their CC repayments, then the CC companies want to be able to reclaim the asset, or in the very least, cancel the season ticket. The club won't accept this demand from them.

Every season I've been able to pay on my own credit card. Why change it now?

If you default, then ultimately (after multiple letters and offers to re-finance etc) the debt will be sold to a third party.

At which point it can be reclaimed from any assets owned by the individual. Nothing to do with it having to be related to the original purchase.

This is exactly the same as what would happen if you take out the club's preferential partner's credit facility and then fail to re-pay it.

The only reason it's like this is because it's part of the deal the club has chosen to put in place with it's credit partner.

Clearly I've no idea what the details of this are, but I'd hope the club are receiving a huge kick-back from it, bearing in mind it has caused a right pain in the arse for the clubs supporters/customers, which will be here long after the current deal with the sponsor/partner has expired.

because the risk is a lot higher. Credit for (effectively) 8 months Vs credit x 3 for 32 months. It is very difficult to reclaim a season ticket as an asset and the club refuse to cancel it on behalf of the CC company, therefore they won't support 2 and 3 year purchases.

It isn't the club's decision

because the risk is a lot higher. Credit for (effectively) 8 months Vs credit x 3 for 32 months. It is very difficult to reclaim a season ticket as an asset and the club refuse to cancel it on behalf of the CC company, therefore they won't support 2 and 3 year purchases.

It isn't the club's decision

The risk is taken into account by any individuals credit history when obtaining the credit facility.

The risk is entirely unrelated to the specific item which is being purchased.

Of course it's the clubs decision. My credit card company would happily facilitate the payment.

The only one stopping it is the club by refusing it as a payment method.

Hes a answer for you chaps-

Financial regulations wont allow credit card payments on a season ticket that's not there.in other words you cant pre-order something that's not there for 2-3 years in advance. Something I have just been told.

Not 100% sure why that includes 1 years but it doesn't really matter as the stay aways will just use this as another excuse

Not 100% sure why that includes 1 years but it doesn't really matter as the stay aways will just use this as another excuse

Every post pointing out that it's a pain/faff/annoyance/hindrance in this thread is from an existing ST holder, not a stay-away.

Not a single one of those have said they won't renew because of it.

Financial regulations wont allow credit card payments on a season ticket that's not there.in other words you cant pre-order something that's not there for 2-3 years in advance. Something I have just been told.

The club could have sold them as a buy 1 year, get 2 free offer.

Obviously there would then be no protection if the club goes bust in future season's, but it would still allow those who already have access to better value credit due to having a clean history to take advantage of it.

Jesus do you honestly think the club are doing it to stop people from going?

Do not honestly think theres  real reason behind it? Why not go to the ministry of justice and ask them to change the regulations for owlstalk?

The club cannot do right for doing wrong!

No wonder we took so long to get  a true investor, whine whinge at everything we do, but I forget its Sheffield and we are steel workers or miners and if you want to go for a drink it must be a social club.

Private investors be warned.

You have two choices buy one or don't, fed up of sob stories

Buy one get two years free..............That's a great idea pal and when we go into a transfer embargo for going over the financial rules we can all blame you lol

Edited by ViolaOwls

Jesus do you honestly think the club are doing it to stop people from going?

Do not honestly think theres  real reason behind it? Why not go to the ministry of justice and ask them to change the regulations for owlstalk?

The club cannot do right for doing wrong!

No wonder we took so long to get  a true investor, whine whinge at everything we do, but I forget its Sheffield and we are steel workers or miners and if you want to go for a drink it must be a social club.

Private investors be warned.

You have two choices buy one or don't, fed up of sob stories

Buy one get two years free..............That's a great idea pal and when we go into a transfer embargo for going over the financial rules we can all blame you lol

Come again?

As I've already said I think the club are doing it because it's part of their deal, which they benefit from, with their sponsor/finance provider.

I think they've possibly overlooked how inconvenient this is for supporters.

I'm clearly not the only one who is annoyed I have to faff about and waste my own time in order to give money to the club.

3 years or BOGOF or whatever, the product is exactly the same.

The club is realising revenue for future season's this season.

It's essentially a gamble, probably because we've overspent this season already, and based on getting promoted this season, or next season at the latest.

To be honest, seeing as you've brought it up, I am concerned the club is realising revenue for future seasons with these ST deals.

In my opinion, an annual direct debit for a fixed price would have made much more sense, both to split the cost for the supporter, and evenly distribute the revenue receipts for the club over multiple financial years.

Edited by nebneeb

No it's not the same. It means we have no season ticket income for 2 of the x3 years. Financial fair play rules would be effected

So, to be clear, how much will those who have paid in full this financial year for their 3 year ST be paying during financial years 2 and 3?

No it's not the same. It means we have no season ticket income for 2 of the x3 years. Financial fair play rules would be effected

You're talking absolute tripe.

I paid for two x three year season tickets on Saturday with a debit card.

The club will 'mortgage' the 3 years in their accounts, like they do with transfers in.  A £4m player signed over 4 years would be in the accounts as £1 million expenditure for each of 4 years.   Called 'mortgaging' in accounting circles.

Edited by Lincs Owl