Coach/Manager

What is the difference between a head coach and a manager and why would you have one over the other.

I just heard Sky sports describing Zidane as more of a manager and Guardiola as a head coach. 

CC and SG before  him were Head coaches and DJ a manager. Can someone enlighten me please.

They're the same thing arnt they?

Why would sky sports differentiate between the two then?

Chill out Farrell,

Its less stressful to be constantly perplexed than occasionally vexed...

I'm perplexed, hence the thread question.

Why would sky sports differentiate between the two then?

I'm perplexed, hence the thread question.

Because we have to follow what Europe does!!

It's the new modern continental way that has slowly caught on in English football due to the increase in foreign owners and managers etc... which ever way you look at a head coach or a manager (as we traditionally know them) do the same job, have the same responsibilities and have the same pressures to win Football games!!

Coach: Works with the squad on footballing matters and is consulted with regards how to develop the squad.

Manager: Does everything, including coaching and negotiating contracts and sweeping the floors. Delegates kit washing and mowing grass to others.

What is the difference between a head coach and a manager and why would you have one over the other.

I just heard Sky sports describing Zidane as more of a manager and Guardiola as a head coach.

CC and SG before him were Head coaches and DJ a manager. Can someone enlighten me please.

Coaches wear a track suit in the technical area on a match day (SG)....managers wear a suit (CC) :)