Squad Strength

So I think we're all of an opinion that it's our squad strength that we need to work on in January and definitely the Summer. Of those players who are classed as back-up in their position who do we think makes the grade?

1. Westwood/Wildsmith

2. Hunt/Palmer

3. Pudil/Wiggins

4. Lees/Sasso

5. Loovens/Turner

6. Hutchinson/Semedo

7. Lee/McGugan

8. Bannan/Lopez

9. Joao/Nuhiu

10. Forestieri/Matias

11. Wallace/Sougou

Of those the only back-up player to stand out is Wildsmith. The others still have a bit to prove and I realise they're not necessarily one for one replacements but shows the current squad strength. The key areas there that I think still need better strength in depth are defensive midfield and a focal point up top to put pressure on.

So I think we're all of an opinion that it's our squad strength that we need to work on in January and definitely the Summer. Of those players who are classed as back-up in their position who do we think makes the grade?

1. Westwood/Wildsmith

2. Hunt/Palmer

3. Pudil/Wiggins

4. Lees/Sasso

5. Loovens/Turner

6. Hutchinson/Semedo

7. Lee/McGugan

8. Bannan/Lopez

9. Joao/Nuhiu

10. Forestieri/Matias

11. Wallace/Sougou

Of those the only back-up player to stand out is Wildsmith. The others still have a bit to prove and I realise they're not necessarily one for one replacements but shows the current squad strength. The key areas there that I think still need better strength in depth are defensive midfield and a focal point up top to put pressure on.

Thanks for that. oh to be so smart eh ? who are you going to make a move for in your team and will you be letting Carlos in on it ?

Turner would be first choice ahead if Loovens if everyone was fit, I think. Most clubs in this division would be happy to have the likes of McGugan, Lopez and Matias as first teamers never mind backup.

Plus we've got Helan, Price and Dielna who don't even make that second XI, not bad when in recent years we've had to loan crap like Sidibe and Taylor-Fletcher to make the numbers up.

...no 'back-up' players in a 'Dynamic Collective'.

We need better cover at RB and possibly LB and I would like one other 'different' type of striker that can unlock teams like Stoke and 'boro...good place to be in once all the injuries are sorted out.

1. Westwood/Wildsmith

2. Hunt/Palmer

3. Pudil/Wiggins

4. Lees/Sasso

5. Loovens/Turner

6. Hutchinson/Semedo

7. Lee/McGugan

8. Bannan/Lopez

9. Joao/Nuhiu

10. Forestieri/Matias

11. Wallace/Sougou

Wiggins is the weakest link amongst the back up players and definatly needs replacing IMO

Only Wildsmith, Matias and Lopez are probably good enough to be in the squad for next years promotion push.

The rest of the second string are either not good enough or don't suit our style.

After the game I've just watched I think Sasso might make it. 

Need to see him over a run of games. But certainly that was a very good performance yesterday. Clean sheet at the Cottage against one of if not the (?) best scoring sides in the division. 

...no 'back-up' players in a 'Dynamic Collective'.

We need better cover at RB and possibly LB and I would like one other 'different' type of striker that can unlock teams like Stoke and 'boro...good place to be in once all the injuries are sorted out.

Yes...cover was the word I should have used. I'd make a rubbish manager. 

It's clearly the centre forward position that needs to be improved. Joao or nuhiu arent going score consistently enough.

A CF who can lead the line,

upset defenders, bring the skilful players into the game and bag 10 goals before May would be very welcome.

If you mean before Stevie May that'll be about one goal every season. 

Our problem as is stands is Hunt Pudil Turner Sasso Loovens Bannan Lopez Wallace could potentially not be here

Scary when you think of it like that. I definitely would like to see Bannan, Pudil, Wallace and Hunt here next season from what I've seen so far.