Official New season ticket prices. 2016/17

£505, last season renewal, x 3 = £1,515.

3 year ticket now = £1,680

11% increase despite paying up front for games in 2019.

I'm sorry, but that is taking the p**s.

The thing that persons such as yourself will fail to realise, is that DC is trying to put the clubs finances on as level playing field as possible and over a longer period of time. This will help him and the club forecast much better, stay within FFP as best as possible and also attract the best possible players and talent to S6 again.

None of the above can happen, without some forward thinking, forecasting and cashing in - DC has started to show commitment, so for e.g. these new 2 or 3 year ST's are giving us supporters chance to commit to the whole Sheffield Wednesday FC vision that DC clearly has. Again over a longer period of time - can't have one's cake and eat it really... can you?

We are creatures of habit and some have a harder time accepting change, whilst understanding the genuine or true reasons for change in the same breath.

P.S. Of course DC wants to make money, I certainly won't hammer him for that.

That's not an appropriate argument for me. Why would you expect your renewal price for a previous season to apply for the next season, never mind the next three? Again, have you been living in a box? Very VERY rarely are prices frozen.

Besides the fact that your numbers aren't right, it's ludicrous to make out like 3 seasons would be charged at the same as last years prices.

20 years ago it cost £200 I can't believe they've put prices up!

Just seems an incredibly lame sales pitch to argue the only reason to buy now, is if the price rockets up in the future. The whole thing needs to be spun round. And let's not forget, we've failed to sell out more than half the ground for the last 15/20 years.

Football is a very odd business.

Can I also offer the following warning.

Phase 2 will be expensive

Phase 3 will be VERY expensive

If you are getting a season ticket, then try and get one within the first phase.

Exactly this. The prices will only go UP from here and then the toys will really be thrown across the room. Phase 3 for the kop last year was 590 wasn't it? Ouch.

I don't really care about the renewals discount - I'm a season ticket holder and I would be happy for people who don't have season tickets this year to pay the same as I do for my renewal.  Its not that I'm losing out despite my loyalty; its that they aren't being punished for not currently having a season ticket.

*I doff my cap to thee*

Obviously need to wait for the official announcement but from the limited info so far re finance options it would seem that:

1, You can only pay by credit card for the one year ST's. Why not the 2 and 3 year?

2, Finance for the 2 and 3 year ST's is available over 10 months. So for instance a North 3 year is £1465. That would be £146.50 per month for 10 months.

Of course they'll be people who have a couple of grand lying about but unless these points are relaxed I can't see a huge amount of people being in a position to get more than a one year, which sort of defeats the object of doing them?

I think I've missed the point here. I was naively under the impression that buying 3 years in advance would achieve a cost saving. From my starting point of £505 in March 2015, I will pay an extra £165 in total, over the 3 years.

Doesn't sit right to me.

watxhing us beat Liverpool and man Utd at Hillsborough will make you feel better about it.

Its off the star app. There isnt much in 3 year one but if we get promoted I imagine St prices will be steep. Its a gamble at end of day

You can bank on them going up in the next three seasons whether we go up or not, and for the fans who buy one religiously, they will sell well IMO.

Me and the missus will be taking up the three season deal, definitely.

If you are getting a season ticket, then try and get one within the first phase.

Apparently this is advance saver not early bird. Who knows what's going to happen to prices. That's one thing I would want extra from the announcement.

I'm still waiting for an answer to the question of whether these prices are for all, or renewals?

I guess it will be confirmed or not tomorrow

But I always think it's such a weird policy, you should do as much as possible to attract new customers, then look after your existing ones.

I don't know why we'd charge new customers more than existing ones.

Just seems an incredibly lame sales pitch to argue the only reason to buy now, is if the price rockets up in the future. The whole thing needs to be spun round. And let's not forget, we've failed to sell out more than half the ground for the last 15/20 years.

Football is a very odd business.

During 15/20 years of little or no investment, pathetic levels of entertainment, and a lot of disappointment. You don't go to the theatre if you don't think you're going to be entertained. It's only soft sods like us ST holders who keep turning up. Eternal optimists or gloom addicts you decide.

The quality of the experience has been drastically improved. We've already seen it. I'll happily invest more time and money to at least enjoy the football match I go to see every week. That is a big change from majority of the last 15/20 years.

Apparently this is advance saver not early bird. Who knows what's going to happen to prices. That's one thing I would want extra from the announcement.

Fair point, although could just be a different name.

What's fact though, is these will be the cheapest prices. So if you can, buy now.

If indeed there is another 2 phases. All will depend on where the club are by Feb 1st in terms of sales. If sales are good then there might just be one more round of sales who knows? Membership will then be pushed but the club have got to bear in mind the impact further phased increases will have on the POTD prices which have received so much criticism this season.

I can't believe they'd want you to buy 3 years worth of season tickets and only offer 10 months to pay it all. I'm currently paying £480 plus 2 U'11's at £50 each spread over 10 months. I'd love to commit to the 3year plan but my kids will no longer be in the u11 price bracket so it would be £2065 over 10 months, no way can I afford that so sorry DC I'm out.

Absolutely this:-

I don't really care about the renewals discount - I'm a season ticket holder and I would be happy for people who don't have season tickets this year to pay the same as I do for my renewal. Its not that I'm losing out despite my loyalty; its that they aren't being punished for not currently having a season ticket.

Edited by waddler