Leeds Ticket Details

Away fans in North we can charge same as South and make rest of North discounted via member & season ticket offers.

Make leppings lane the unofficial singing section were there's lots of leeway given to behaviour and standing to encourage north stand mob to move plus it has the best acoustics in the ground.

Make kop cheap as leppings lane but without the allowances made.

We need fans behind both nets to help with the atmosphere.

Anybody explain why we have all this moaning about ticket prices, yet the two highest gates of the season were when prices were highest?

Yes, I know that one was the first match of the season, and the second the Boxing day Fixture, but that doesn't explain it to me.

If that doesn't explain it to you there's no way of explaining it to you! lol

Away fans in North we can charge same as South and make rest of North discounted via member & season ticket offers.

Make leppings lane the unofficial singing section were there's lots of leeway given to behaviour and standing to encourage north stand mob to move plus it has the best acoustics in the ground.

Make kop cheap as leppings lane but without the allowances made.

We need fans behind both nets to help with the atmosphere.

Just open the lower lepp to home fans at a tenner a game that would do it

Won't the North Stand lot just go wherever is closest to the away fans and furthest away from the band? Not sure it's got anything to do with facilities.

I think you're probably right, if the away fans were moved to the south stand I would imagine many would fancy being in the closest block to them.

If the plan is to have them migrate to the away end the facilities for providing alcohol would be a factor though and from what I have heard these are currently poor.

Guest Deleted member

But it is a basis for your idea and yet you have nothing to back it up?

When we have had the home fans in the away end I haven't seen huge numbers of north standers taking up this offer.

If they wanted cheaper seats behind a goal they would be on the Kop. As far as I am aware the North Stand currently offers better facilities and easier access to a pint. Considerable spending on faciltities would be needed to upgrade the Leppings Lane end.

lol

You sound like the old guard at Hillsborough, for whom it was always easier to say 'No' than 'Yes', or 'We could try that'

Easier to find reasons not to do something different, than it is to find ways to make something positive happen.

As has already been said, the majority of the Lep End North Stand regulars are the type who want to sing, want to engage with the away support, want to stand up throughout the game, don't want to sit near the Band.

If the away supporters were moved into the South at the Leppings Lane End (or the North), as long as the areas were well segregated I don't see an issue. We receive increased revenue (say approx £10 per fan X 1000 fans on average per game = £250k per season inc cups), we create a singing section improving the atmosphere, the facilities on the West are MUCH better than the Kop.

If you can't see the positives in all of that - well, I'm lost

lol

You sound like the old guard at Hillsborough, for whom it was always easier to say 'No' than 'Yes', or 'We could try that'

Easier to find reasons not to do something different, than it is to find ways to make something positive happen.

As has already been said, the majority of the Lep End North Stand regulars are the type who want to sing, want to engage with the away support, want to stand up throughout the game, don't want to sit near the Band.

If the away supporters were moved into the South at the Leppings Lane End (or the North), as long as the areas were well segregated I don't see an issue. We receive increased revenue (say approx £10 per fan X 1000 fans on average per game = £250k per season inc cups), we create a singing section improving the atmosphere, the facilities on the West are MUCH better than the Kop.

I wouldn't say your first comment is fair, after all, this thread is about the Leeds tickets, I have been very positive about this and yet there are plenty who have managed to use an offer of a £25 ticket as a stick to beat the club with.

The faciltites on some of the West are not better than the Kop - toilet facilities are much the same and on recent rare ocassions when the away side has upper and lower they have been informed that alcohol is not available for half of them.

BTW, as a long standing (excuse the pun) Kop ST holder, I'd move to the West Stand immediately.

I am not against new ideas, I am just putting genuine reasons for debate against it, as would be the case with any business proposition. If these points can be covered/countered then all well and good.

A couple of points I would make is that away fans have complained about our prices this season, I am not sure moving them and charging them the highest price would genereate morre revenue. 

Also, the atmosphere at Hillsborough is not great for many matches and part of generating a good atmosphere is having a vocal away support to go up against. Moving them may detract from this and although having our fans behind both goals may help a little, these are not going to be 'new' fans - as you say, you would move from the Kop, so would others, some wouldn't and may result in our vocal support simply moving or being even more dispersed than they are now.

Guest Deleted member

I wouldn't say your first comment is fair, after all, this thread is about the Leeds tickets, I have been very positive about this and yet there are plenty who have managed to use an offer of a £25 ticket as a stick to beat the club with.

I was teasing you - please dont take it too literally.

You're not like the old guard at all - or you'd be on the phone to your lawyer right now lol

Won't the North Stand lot just go wherever is closest to the away fans and furthest away from the band? Not sure it's got anything to do with facilities.

lol

Well done Sonny on finding grounds for his argument.

I think it's about time some people let those in charge of running the club get on with it, Don't like something? Then tell them as opposed to turning anything good that comes out of the club into a negative on forums or social media or simply don't bother no more.

What I see is anything but support from the same people all the time, there's more to supporting Sheffield Wednesday than cheering the team on

Edited by Ash76

I was teasing you - please dont take it too literally.

You're not like the old guard at all - or you'd be on the phone to your lawyer right now lol

Teasing or bullying?

Guest Deleted member

Well done Sonny on finding grounds for his argument.

I think it's about time some people let those in charge of running the club get on with it, Don't like something? Then tell them as opposed to turning anything good that comes out of the club into a negative on forums or social media or simply don't bother no more.

What I see is anything but support from the same people all the time, there's more to supporting Sheffield Wednesday than cheering the team on

Teasing or bullying?

You're quickly becoming my most favouritest Owlstalker hahaha

lol

Don't forget not to insult me again!