Palmer

Sougou left Palmer on his own ,gave no support ,frightened to tackle he needs to understand that the Championship is a physical league ,Palmer was off his game and far too many changes

Edited by akbuk

If you want to blame some one for an abysmal 1st half display then look no further than Kickaball.

WTF make so many changes (6) from saturdays very good result to play against the best team in the league?

Semedo was the only midfield  player showing for the ball in that 1st 30 mins, then Bannon realised that he was playing too, our flair players were absent and Lee might as well have been sat with me in the pub.

They picked up in the 2nd half when Forestieri came on (should have been on from the start)and gave the attacking side of the team some energy and direction.

I am yet to be convinced about Joao starting from the beginning, he is better coming off the bench with 30 mins to go, he might get better for next season, yes the two full backs were out of position a hell of a lot, but for the goals so was Loovens, why did he follow Hutch out to a wide position.

All these make me say that I would not cry too long if Kickaball did go to Swansea, I don't think he will by the way, as he seems to only have one plan of playing and instead of sticking to it chops and changes.

All our full backs are OK at this level, if not great. The early goal was clearly the result of too many changes. One thing I notice with Palmer, and Hunt for that matter, is, they are much more effective when they are playing more positively. When they are on the front foot, they seem a yard quicker. A lot of Palmers problems last night were caused by the positions Sougou took up.

All our full backs are OK at this level, if not great. The early goal was clearly the result of too many changes. One thing I notice with Palmer, and Hunt for that matter, is, they are much more effective when they are playing more positively. When they are on the front foot, they seem a yard quicker. A lot of Palmers problems last night were caused by the positions Sougou took up.

That threat was full on Palmer position, was indeed their No. 1 plan

Palmer is pathetic, been saying it for ages, never seen him put a meaningful tackle in and never makes any attempt to block crosses, the amount of goals that come from crosses down our right hand side is a joke, he can't defend and he can't cross so why play him? I threw my remote on the floor when I watched the derby game back and he got motm, abomanation of a footballer, embarrassing.

Eh!, how many times has Palmer made covering tackles for the C/H's, cleared off the line.

He was not the only defender caught out of position last night, wtf was Loovens doing just behind Hutchinson, he should have stayed in the middle of the area to defend any cross that came in.

Yes, I think some of the comments regarding Palmer, have been a little harsh. Even Bannan was off his game yesterday, constantly giving the ball away, and hitting the first man with his free kicks. The only surprise really is, that with so many players having an off day, the result in the end was so close.