Middlesborough vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

Brilliant Pauli. "Conventional wisdom tells us that a slightly longer break between games is favourable and we often see managers complaining that their opponents had an extra day's rest, but the truth is he exact opposite of mainstream thinking" Rob Jovanovic in Moving the Goalposts. So that means Middlesbrough will get the first goal and then we will get two. Probably. Hutch will not be booked.

Morning chums

Ollie and I are a little jaded after the festivities so my usual sharp wit is a little off course this morning ..........plus the course is closed due to flooding (ffs) so no stick and ball for me today.

Neither Ollie or I fancy a shock away win but I see no reason why we cant grind out a draw with the scrubbers from bro. I drove through it once at 11am and although the ground liked nice the rest ....as previously described was like a nuclear wasteland.

Hope I'm wrong and Lucas sneaks one with 5 minutes to go. Safe journey to all those travelling and don't forget those HAZMAT suits to protect you from any fall out. JBB do a nice line on the sale rail.

Ive enclosed a picture of the Ollmeister sleeping off boxing day

COME ON WEDNESDAY

post-18004-0-26900500-1451284342_thumb.j

A win today would be a huge statement and convince me we have a genuine chance of promotion a season early.

Plan today is roast beef dinner, with a steady start on the booze so as not to peak to early. Probably a Merlot and a bit of sillyness on here pre-game.

Then it's time to line the beers up, fire up Sky Sports 6, switch the sound bar on and really go for it. I expect a few early 'awful team selection' posts, followed by 'change it Carlos you muppet'. Second half gets much better with a Barry Bangem top corner volley and a Hoops bottom corner one on one winner.

1-2 to us and another record day for alcohol consumption on Owlstalk.

Edited by Mr Farrell

Brilliant as always Pauli.

Who are the Trojan SKA Mob? Is it a dedicated Owlstalk group or is it a general name that you have given to people such as me that have put requests to you for matchdays songs from that legendary record label? I want to be part if that mob!!!

Anyway,

3-1 to the mighty Owls!

Play up Wednesday!

Come On You Blue And White Wizards!!!

Just looked up "Parmo" on Wikipedia an found this passage of text in the entry:

"In 2007, North Yorkshire Trading Standards conducted a survey of 25 fast food dishes. A large parmo with chips and salad contains about 2600 calories and 150g of fat"

My God!!!!

Edited by shandypants