Poor Following To Middlesborough

Guest JohnFantham

This will be my first trip to Boro, just need to go to Preston and done all away games for this season unless we get an away tie at a ground I've not been to.staying overnight at Scarborough first.

Went up there last season when we'd had a decent start.

We'd won at Brighton in the first away game and think this was our second away game?

Anyway we had Giles Coke and Semedo playing decent in the middle with Athde and Stevie May giving the Boro back line the run around (i kid you not) and we were deservedly 3-0 up in no time.

They got 2 late penalties and a 'sphincter twitching' last minute ball across face of the goal which we survived. Was a great day all in all but i think we only had 1800 up there that day?

Was a Saturday 3pm kick off too so today's folloeing isn't to be sniffed at at all.

Over 2000 at the worst time of the year for most and live on TV!!

Cracking turnout in truth.

UTO!

Don't forget we've just had people paying like 40quid to watch Birmingham game only 2 days ago maybe not everyone can afford it at this time of the year esp with our prices like they are.

Plus it's on sky at tea time and people will be saving for next years season ticket which usually comes out end of Jan

At least the Middlesbrough fans will be impressed

They'd only bring 500 to our place at those prices live on SKY and late kickoff

Tbf they paid up to £55 at Old Trafford for a midweek game and took nearly 10,000.

Then again when they're doing rubbish like they were a few years ago both home and away support was poor, had they dropped into league one like we did they'd have got less than 10,000 for home games.

Tbf they paid up to £55 at Old Trafford for a midweek game and took nearly 10,000.

Then again when they're doing rubbish like they were a few years ago both home and away support was poor, had they dropped into league one like we did they'd have got less than 10,000 for home games.

any scrubber club will take 10K to old trafford for 'their day out'

I See that MAHATMASBIGFOOTINBIGPIGGYGOB has got in via the back door again.

I see he's got a couple of threads going on pigs mad on his fav subject of swfc, the one about bramall lane being worth more than Hillsborough is comedy.

Most of them seem to miss the point that bramall lane doesn't even belong to club and they pay rent to play there.

Poster is a Wednesday fan before everyone starts insulting him.

From North Yorkshire where there's a few Boro fans who are probably giving him some stick on our numbers.

Boro fans have become a bit like Leeds lately by thinking they've got best support in Europe.

If he is getting into a slanging match just ask them where there fans are.

Top of the League and only just breaking 20k most games?

Much more pathetic than us only taking 2k.

Ok lads lets not get silly. We the Boro are not the worlds best fans nor are we the worst. I can take the point about Man U, but please explain why if we

are so bad, when 2,000 of you coming to us is good at an awkward time and on tv is good. yet we take 2,000 to Brighton for a noon tv kick off  or the 6,000 on the way to Blackburn on a day with no public transport is bad. Support for both clubs varies with how well they are doing at the time it is what it is, live with it.

any scrubber club will take 10K to old trafford for 'their day out'

£30

On telly

Middle of Christmas

2 days after non season ticket holders will have paid £30+ to watch us at home

5 days before 3k go to Fulham away.

Superb support in my opinion

Exactly right

If it wasn't on sky, I and one other would be going. Sorry.