Team for boro

I think he's more likely to keep the same team to start, then change the full 3 subs with 30 to go, hoping we have something to hold onto (Palmer, McGugan, maybe Semedo, Joao.)

Central midfielders generally cover the most ground in a match, with central defenders the least (the difference being around 10%).  Also, central defenders jog more than they sprint (wingers being the opposite, for example.  Interesting, eh?!).  So this will help Hutchison, for example, what with playing at the back a little recently.  I can see him maybe being subbed, but will probably start.

Who knows though!

wildsmith

palmer

semi

loovens

wiggins

helan

bannon

mcgugen

lee

sougou

joao

I would prob rest a few more play a 451 and try to keep score down our goal dif is pretty good losing 1-0 wouldn't be a bad result considering injuries we have and 2days rest to there 9days. maybe fetch forestieri hooper on later if chance of result. no point losing hutch for weeks play semi there he done it before for us.

To claim we covered less distance as we had comfortable possession is wrong, in my opinion.

Players work incredibly hard moving around the pitch to create space and retain possession. If we were to just roll the ball around the back four then fair enough but to play between the lines effectively involves a lot of effort and movement.

I totally understand your logic.

But Opta consistently shows that if one team has far more possession they do a lot less running than the opposition.

Burnley covered by far the most distance in the PL last year, mainly because they never had the ball.

Carlos does less rotating than we think, generally his first choice team play every game unless there is an injury - exception being upfront where he does not seem to have settled on who plays with Forestieri. Lees' injury has actually freed up the chance to play both Nuhui and Hooper together, as on Saturday, because Hutchinson is now in defense. Bannan, Lee and Wallace seem to run the midfield

I wouldn't be surprised if he keeps same team, Wildsmith included. If Hunt, Pudil or Wallace are all not fit then Palmer, Wiggins and Sougou/Helan will fill in as usual, but these would be enforced changes rather than rotation

Bench will probably include the usual suspects - Semedo, McGugan and Joao

This assumes Turner and Lopez remain crocked

Edited by owlandished