Team for boro

Whatever Carlos does its in our best interest to support it and accept it.

Yes he is a tinker man but it's working so far.

I think it's an absolute certainty that the line up will include an extra midfielder away from home at the top of the league. I think he'll drop Hooper or Adthe for Semedo.

We're playing a superior side who have had 9 days off to our 1 and a bit.

We have a manager who likes to rotate certain positions game to game.

I think we'll see some changes.

He won't change the centre halves, Bannan and Lee will probably start, FF will start and probably Hooper. The rest are open to being swapped about.

Other than Sougou who has yet to really get going I have confidence in all of the players waiting to come in. Don't think I've ever been able to say that whilst supporting Wednesday.

Very difficult to predict with Carlos, but expecting something like this

Wildsmith

Palmer

Pudil

Hutch

Wiggins

Sougou

Lee

Bannan

Helan

Joao

Forestieri

Why would he drop our one fit CB in Loovens?

Hutchinson looked to be struggling and was withdrawn yesterday. Pudil is a left back who should only be used as CB in emergencies.

After listening to Carlos on RS last night his repeated insistance that no professional

footballer can fully recover in only 48 hours I think we can look forward to lots of changes.

Might not be a bad thing  -  it didn't do us any harm at Newcastle did it?

Based on what Carlos said in the post-Brum interview, he won't be taking risks with players fitness as two games in three days can cause issues further on in the season. Said minimum break between games should be 3 days.

Therefore I expect some key regular starters to be rested, probably hutch, Lee, forestieri, hooper, hunt

Wildsmith

Palmer

Loovens

Pudil

Wiggins

Semedo

Sougou

Bannan

Mcgugan

Wallace

Joao

I think everybody is making too much of the two games in 3 days whilst Boro had a rest.

In the first half we kept possession very well and therefore didn't appear to be working too hard.

We were 3-0 up after 48 minutes and you could see we visibly started to think about Monday soon after. The full backs stopped going forwards to conserve energy and Birmingham got a few chances.

Joao didn't play any minutes which was presumably to ensure that he is completely fresh to start tomorrow. I hope he goes with the same lineup and formation with a just Joao in for Nuhiu. Potentially he might freshen up a bit with Sougou in for Wallace and/or Palmer in for Hunt.

I hope he keeps Forestieri out wide and just as importantly Bannan in the centre. He hasn't tried this from the start away from home yet and we saw what happened the last two home matches playing that way.

However, due to our poor away record, another move that wouldn't surprise me if he ditches the 4-4-2 and goes with 4-3-3. Possibly with Joao through the middle, FF on the left and Sougou's pace on the right. If they went this way I'd like them to keep Bannan in the 'quarterback' role and bring McGugan in alongside Lee. However, if he goes with 4-3-3 I suspect he'll bring Semedo in with Lee and Bannan in front.