Swansea in for Carlos

Whilst Carlos is doing pretty well here (on a much improved budget), I can't see he's doing anything to attract the interests of premier club chairmen. Maybe in a years time, if he's built on his success here.

The truth is, he's done reasonably well in his 4 months season time with us, but has a dubious 14 year record prior.

The thing with Carlos is, he sounds cool, he says all the right things, he dresses well, he's not English, he's got us into a decent position. He has things going for him - he's a good 'face' for the Club.

Someone other club is likely to want those things at some point.

Biggsy says no truth in this rumour whatsoever.

Purely an Agent increasing his clients stock.

Stop panicking.

Thank god. Close the thread.

I don't wanna be logging on here in between my starter and my main on Xmas day.

:manager:

He's going nowhere, least of all to Swansea, he'd be mad, they are on the decline and punching above their weight, we are the opposite 

Not going to happen....saying that it would be typical Wednesday ;)

I agree with the second part of that, but for arguments sake, I think he'd be mad not to want to go to Swansea. They are still a much more attractive proposition than us and I'd swap teams/places with them in a heartbeat.

In the unlikely event that they did make an approach I don't think Chansiri would allow them to speak to him anyway.

As for picking a new manager, my choice would be JFK - Joe F****ing Kinnear, just so we could hear him call Andy Giddings a c*** on Radio Sheffield.

If CC did leave us for Swansea, or another PL club (and I don't think he will, not yet anyway), it's a sign of the progress we've made as a club recently that he'd be the first manager we've had since 1991 who left us because he was wanted by another club based on doing well for us, instead of leaving due to being sacked (apart from Big Ron not having his short term contract renewed which was basically a sacking, or in the cases of Shreeve and Yorath, resigning before they were sacked).

Won't happen, the Chansiris have more muscle than their consortium of owners. If Mr DC wants CC to stay then he will. Im sure if we where in the Prem we will average more than 20,000. why would CC want to go their. pff swansea

Edited by Guest

Just caught up with OT and specifically this thread after having the Grandkids as phisioterrarists for a few days (feels like weeks lol)..

FWIW I Don't think Carlos will leave us, not by his own valition anyway, I posted on here that I thought the Roader departure was a form of the "dreaded vote of confidence" - his agent may also be thinking that and decided to try and up Carlos' anti by telling the Portuguese press something, after all 12 months is his usual length of employment (ref OT) isn't it...

Wether he's looking or not (or his agent is), the rot appears to be starting, let's hope DC has got an eye out already for a possible replacement..

The Chelski owner has the right idea, back the players to win you the games, change the coach, move on... (but then, wasn't that the reason for the committee ?)...