January Transfer Window Thread

I really wouldn't want to spend £10 mil + on either McCormack or Rhodes, think we will see a 4-3-3 formation when Mattias is back along with the return of Lees. Much rather see us taking a young pacy left sided centre half, and a decent winger. If we keep Hooper, nowt wrong with us up top.

I really wouldn't want to spend £10 mil + on either McCormack or Rhodes, think we will see a 4-3-3 formation when Mattias is back along with the return of Lees. Much rather see us taking a young pacy left sided centre half, and a decent winger. If we keep Hooper, nowt wrong with us up top.

Can't see any reason why we'd change formation back to how we started the season when it didn't work.

I keep reading about the return of Mattias. He couldn't get in the side when he was fit, so I'm not sure where he will play when he comes back.

As a solution/loan signing until the end of the season, I'd ask Stoke if we can borrow Peter Crouch.

Left sided centre half is a must

A Brian Marwood type winger who can cross a ball with either foot and can contribute 10 goals a season

We've suffered a bit when we've been without Bannan and Hutch

So another central midfielder too please Santa.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest JohnFantham

I keep reading about the return of Mattias. He couldn't get in the side when he was fit, so I'm not sure where he will play when he comes back.

As a solution/loan signing until the end of the season, I'd ask Stoke if we can borrow Peter Crouch.

good shout.

Still feel we need a another proven Striker . Hooper may now just be starting to show what he can do , but Joao is still learning and cant be expected to score the goals we need this season ,and as much as i like Nuhiu , he aint going to score the goals either. Even with those we still only have three strikers ,as its clear Bus isnt going to get a chance for what ever reason.

I'd feel short changed if we ended up with Rhodes, when we could have had Adebayor

I suppose Adebayor is a like for like (can't believe I'm writing this) for Adthe, whereas Rhodes is a definite like for like with Hooper.

Couldn't see us having all 3 of Adebayor, Adthe and Lucas. Couldn't see us having Hooper AND Rhodes.

Love to know what DC has in mind. Exciting days ahead.

More chance of getting McCormack than Rhodes I reckon. What with Fulham's record this season and little hope of getting anywhere near the play-offs. Whereas Blackburn have picked up under Lambert and are no longer under an embargo. And with the Fulham double header coming up soon, perhaps we'll renew interest after those fixtures? Both are expensive and unlikely but McCormack seems the more likely to me.

Could see Nuhiu getting binned and Hooper deal getting extended. Leaving us needing two new strikers? Names linked this season and lately are exciting and a far cry from the past decade.

Edited by MilansMissingMarbles