January Transfer Window Thread

Adrian Mariappa - Palace

Adam Armstrong (loan) - Newcastle

Craig Noone - Cardiff

Would be ideal. 

Armstrong has extended his loan at Coventry to the end of the season. Shame really as he's far too good for that club, and that league (hattrick today)

Could be a double bluff or something by Carlos? I mean, you wouldn't want to alert rivals of targets, etc.

That said, most of us said only a couple of quality signings were needed? Perhaps, we might trim the squad, sort out the loan players with extensions or permanents and then being able to loan in a quality player from the PL?

Things are looking good and this is the most exciting season at this level for a long time. Beware of complacency because even the top sides can improve and keep looking for ways to improve. The future is bright with DC and CC, and even if they say we ain't going to do much business or even if we don't do much in this window, I'm certain they will be thinking of the club's best interests and exploring every possibility. They both seem astute and there's no doubting DC is a wise, ruthless and ambitious businessman. I still wouldn't rule out a big signing, either now, on loan or in the summer.

That said, most of us said only a couple of quality signings were needed? Perhaps, we might trim the squad, sort out the loan players with extensions or permanents and then being able to loan in a quality player from the PL?

To be fair, "a few things" added

-Hooper to permanent (he's here already)

-Sigurdsson from Charlton

-New backup left-back (would love Afonso Figereirdo or that other young Portuguese lad we supposedly looked at from Braga[?])

-Pudil to permanent (he's here already)

Getting rid of the deadwood like McGugan, Dielna, Lachman etc and Wiggins to make room for the new LB

To me, that's pretty much the definition of "A few things" added, and just those few tweaks turn us from being close to play-offs to almost guaranteed play-offs this season... as well as set up fantastically for a summer transfer window of only a couple of tweaks needed and next season's push (If we don't get promoted this year!)

Fair point, I see Matias as more of a FF replacement rather than a creative wide player but if Matias can perform on the wing that would be a bonus

Yours is a fair point as well. Have been thinking that if FF got injured *touches wood, crosses fingers and prays* then we could really struggle, Matias probably fits that role better.

So yeah roger it let's get a quality winger in as well. 

What injury has Matias got to keep him out for so long ?

Had a serious hernia if I'm not much mistaken, had surgery on it a few months ago and has been recovering ever since.

You'd think he'd only be a couple of weeks away, but the timeframe on that sort of thing can vary quite a lot. 

Blueblood, on 02 Jan 2016 - 3:58 PM, said:snapback.png

Staton has just said the window opens at midnight tonight. I thought it was midnight last night

Just checked he's right

He is wrong it opened at midnight. There have already been a few minor moves.